Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up for CS: Plusnet on E-Scouts Plusnet installation atScout hut

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Heads up for CS: Plusnet on E-Scouts Plusnet installation atScout hut

Just been browsing through the e-scouts website/forums (Scouting ) and spotted this:
https://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/threads/26001-Broadband-at-Scout-hall/page6
On Monday, BT came and connected the top of the pole. "Great" we thought. "It will all work", we thought. (The assurance from the BT Engineer that it would all be live as soon as the pole-top connection was done helped this).
Went down to the hall today. Phone works. Excellent.
Turn the Openreach Modem and Plusnet Router on. Wait a while... nothing. Hmmz... perhaps plusnet haven't activated it yet. Phone Plusnet.
Plusnet tech support talk me through a few things... nothing. Then they look it up and the line isn't showing as connected yet. Hmm... put through to the supply team.
Supply team look it up. Showing as "engineer booked 2nd March". Cue a little rant at the Plusnet guy (who possibly didn't deserve it but I was fuming by this point... having been originally given a date of 10th Feb for installation to be complete we thought 26th Feb would be a fairly safe bet to plan an activity requiring internet access)
Plusnet guy promises to get it looked at ASAP and to get back to me. I hang up and look at emails... while on the phone to plusnet I had received an email from them saying that a BT Engineer would be visiting today to connect our Fibre Broadband!!
Had to leave to go somewhere else so left a note for the BT Engineer to call if they needed access to the property (its now gone 6pm and no call so assuming either no engineer turned up, or they did all the work at the green cabinet or the exchange)
Guess we'll find out tomorrow if an engineer has done anything, or whether we're going to be waiting until the 2nd March for an engineer to come out and do... well... god only knows what. The previous engineer did the connection "in the cabinet", as well as connecting up the openreach modem and fitting the socket. The phoneline is obviously live and working. If I find that we have to wait until 2nd March only to have an engineer turn up and say "oh, its already been done" I will be an extremely angry customer.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Heads up for CS: Plusnet on E-Scouts Plusnet installation atScout hut

Thanks for this. I'll try and reply later, I was going to just find the scout hut postcode and go from there but it's eluding me at the moment.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Chris,
Try...
Scout Hall
High Street
Weston
BATH
BA1 4BX
And contact details here - http://www.westonscouts.org.uk/contact/ - phone no bottom of page.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Thanks Townman, we've managed to find the details but I will leave Chris to post on the other forum shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Found it, thanks. Although my initial thoughts are that the engineer on Monday was a phone engineer and the FTTC hasn't actually been setup yet.
Getting someone more prov proficient to have a look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Doesn't look like this is going that well for them..
https://www.escouts.org.uk/forum/threads/26001-Broadband-at-Scout-hall/page6
That said, I'm a pretty unhappy customer at the moment. I received an email from Plusnet on Tuesday saying "a fibre engineer will be visiting your property today to make the connection" so rushed to the hall and sat there waiting... funnily enough no-one turned up.
I then had an appointment confirmed for this morning, 8am-1pm. Having sat there until 1.30pm and no-one turned up / phoned I have left and send a message of complaint to Plusnet (including asking for details of where to send an invoice for my wasted time and mileage... if I'd spent that time doing work for a paying client / driven that mileage for a client it would have come to over £180). I realise it is probably Openreach's fault, but as a customer I don't get a way of contacting them to complain (or even to phone up and find out why the engineer hasn't been to visit... a shockingly poor way to run a business)