cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heading for 2nd no show in 24hrs

confident
Rising Star

Heading for 2nd no show in 24hrs

Please, please, please if anyone from PN is about can you check if  an engineer is actually going to arrive with me today (appointment slot 8am 1pm). Ticket number is 85534360
If he doesn't this will be the second no show with-in 24hrs, as I had a no show yesterday afternoon.

70 REPLIES 70
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Heading for 2nd no show in 24hrs

Karen,
There is no DCT presence here on weekends.  You would be best served by phoning the support desk.  However more often than not it is near impossible to extract engineering status from BTOR, until 2 hours after the booked slot.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

confident
Rising Star

Thanks for the info Townman, the wait times are pretty bad at the minute on the phone so I guess I was just being hopeful. Yes I understand that BT info is not usually available, however this is already supposed to have been escalated with BT - twice - before yesterdays missed appointment. Just so fed up, 4 weeks into a fault I have a possible 2nd no show from BT engineer inside 24hrs. 
Embarrassed
Rant over - I'm away to kick the cupboards.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Karen,
BTOR performance can be appalling, however kicking in the cupboards can only result in the need to visit B&Q and spending the weekend painting, rather than enjoying the crack down the local with a pint (or half?) of the black stuff.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Karen,
From the notes on your account, I can see that the engineer has been booked in, directly on our suppliers systems, so I would expect a visit. If this doesn't happen, let me know and I'll see if I can grab someone from in the office to chase this up for you.
confident
Rising Star

Thank you so much for checking this Chris.
Tom from faults has been really good and booked it yesterday after that no show, but Tom did mention that he wasn't in today.
Still no sign of an engineer yet, so it's not looking good. I'll let you know. Thanks again.
confident
Rising Star

Quote from: Townman
Karen,
BTOR performance can be appalling, however kicking in the cupboards can only result in the need to visit B&Q and spending the weekend painting, rather than enjoying the crack down the local with a pint (or half?) of the black stuff.

Townman,
Fat chance visiting anywhere as I have been stuck here waiting for flippin BT engineers for the last 24hrs  Wink
Many thanks  - much appreciated.  Smiley
confident
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
Hi Karen,
From the notes on your account, I can see that the engineer has been booked in, directly on our suppliers systems, so I would expect a visit. If this doesn't happen, let me know and I'll see if I can grab someone from in the office to chase this up for you.

Hi Chris
Sorry but this is now looking like another no show from BT.  Angry If someone can chase this I would be pathetically grateful.
Thanks again for doing this.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Karen,
I've just spoken to one of the Faults Managers in the office today and he's getting one of the guys to pick this up for you ASAP.
confident
Rising Star

Many thanks again Chris, I do appreciate your help.  Kiss
confident
Rising Star

Many thanks to all concerned for trying to do something/anything. However, BTOR appear to simply ignore all of us. I spent some considerable time today looking for a way to lodge an official complaint against BTOR but am just getting a sore head from all the brick walls I'm hitting.
Is this something that has to be done through PN? No rush on this as I would need to calm down before I do anything more.
Their excuse for the engineer "no show" was "they have advised that unfortunately they are struggling for skilled resource in your area". Tell me something I don't already know BTOR.
In the longer term that it looks like BTOR are unable to fulfil there contractual obligations to either PN or me in this area? Never mind the complete disregard for common courtesy, their unprofessional behaviour, and their total lack of communication skills.
Thanks again all involved.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately you'll have to progress a complaint through PN - They are the customer of BTOR rather than you.
confident
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply pwatson - I was afraid of that.
May not stop me firing of a few, very pointed, emails to a few BT directors though.  Wink
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

May not stop me firing of a few, very pointed, emails to a few BT directors though

Hopefully it wil make you feel better. Smiley
Unfortunately, beyond that, it will be a useless gesture. Sadly for all of us, BT have a very unfair 100% monopoly over 90% of the UK & are therefore untouchable. Angry
itsme
Grafter

Thought VirginMedia had more than 10% of the market