cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you wondered about the price rises: think about this

thisoldman
Grafter

Have you wondered about the price rises: think about this

caveat. i am not an accountant nor am i a marketing expert but as some of you may know from following my posts ,i am not stupid.
Right:  the recent plusnet tv etc marketing campaign cost just under 7 million pounds.

Let us assume ,(the reality is actually worse) but lets start somehwere, the average plusnetter pays 250£ a year for bb.
Divide that into 7 million, and plusnet needed to attract around 30.000 new members just to break even.
Current membership was around 400,000 but has been down since the acs business and other bad publicity.
So how they expect to attract 30,000 members  sure beats me.
No wonder prices are increasing
5 REPLIES 5
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Have you wondered about the price rises: think about this

All I read was unsubstantiated speculation. 
I grade this an F.  At least cite sources for your information between your wild speculation.
Try harder next time
B.
thisoldman
Grafter

the info is widely available on the internet barry  just google plusnet tv advert costs etc etc
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: thisoldman
i am not stupid.

Source please?
Right:   the recent plusnet tv etc marketing campaign cost just under 7 million pounds.

Source please?
Divide that into 7 million, and plusnet needed to attract around 30.000 new members just to break even.

Source of Plusnet's expenses on a per customer basis?
Current membership was around 400,000 but has been down since the acs business and other bad publicity.

Source of Plusnet's membership base falling?
No wonder prices are increasing

ONE legacy broadband product is increasing in price.  The home phone offerings are increasing marginally.  Many of the CURRENT products are decreasing in cost (before VAT)
If I were to submit something as badly substantiated as the OP at work, or university it would be thrown back in my face as a piece of utter rubbish.  If you can't cite sources, or link them then please refrain from posting your pointless "opinion pieces" in an effort to stir things up.
By all means, if you have a reliable (or even unreliable but interesting) source for some information, feel free to post a link and provide commentary.
B.
thisoldman
Grafter

iv just told you to google the cost of tv advert campaign.....thats where i got the info  etc etc
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

This thread appears to be going nowhere and as such is locked.
There are numerous threads on the price rises for intellegent substantiated debate, lets keep it there.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'