cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone from Management looked at the service status page recently?

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Has anyone from Management looked at the service status page recently?

Of 15 categories there are 6 that are unsatisfactory as I type.
Of those, three, 20CN Network Capacity,21CN Network Capacity and  CGI have been unsatisfactory for 76 days 42 days and 133 days respectively.
Updates on the progress made putting these things right are due on 9/12/2009, 17/12/2009 and 18/12/2009. The only thing wrong with that is that it is now 28/12/2009 so these updates are 19 days, 11 days and 10 days overdue.
I trust the progress on putting the problems right is getting more attention than the transparent, customer facing information systems that are supposed to be PlusNet's forte.
6 REPLIES 6
jonnyg
Grafter

Re: Has anyone from Management looked at the service status page recently?

I think it's about time to up the pressure on this poor service.
You can complain at the following two sites:

http://www.cisas.org.uk
http://www.otelo.org.uk
you can also see a video about how to raise a complaint at the following link

Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Firstly I'd like to apologise for the delay in updating these items.
It's likely to be next week before a full update is posted, however we are continuing to work on the issues.
From a performance point of view, things are a lot better than they were when the last update was posted are they not?
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Mand
From a performance point of view, things are a lot better than they were when the last update was posted are they not?

I think the evidence is that things are better - there are far fewer complaints on the forums for one. On the other hand, I have just had a ticket returned confirming that there was nothing wrong with my line yet my speed ranges from 430kb/s to 2200kb/s as measured by the BT Speedtester and over a short time span. It suggests that there are still problems even if less than there were.
Secondly, I do not believe we have had an explanation of the root cause. There have been a lot of incidents but most of them should not have been the disaster that they proved to be. An adequate network competently run should have adequate resilience to absorb most of the incidents without the customer noticing.
So either Plusnet has a temporary major problem which they are not willing to admit to or PlusNet are being run down to be the cheap and cheerful arm of the BT combo, only fit to cope with the odd email for undemanding customers. I really hope its the former but the longer it goes on the more likely it is to be the latter.
Jim
Be3G
Grafter

I don't want to deliberately add fuel to a fire, but your final statement reminds me of something I'm pretty certain I read (i.e. as opposed to imagined) that said that Plusnet are exactly what you suggest: a ‘value line’ BT so-to-speak.
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Be3G
...... that Plusnet are exactly what you suggest: a ‘value line’ BT so-to-speak.

Would anyone like to confirm that? All views welcome but anything less than a resounding NO from Plusnet probably means yes.
Jim
Mand
Grafter

TBH I think the amount we've spent on the network says more than any no I can give would.
We've added more capacity in the last few months than at any time before, along with upgrading massive parts of the platform, moving to a new datacentre, and investment in 21CN.
Yes, we're cheaper than BT, and are competing in different sectors of the market, but we aim to deliver a good service for a good price, rather than just be able to cater to the undemanding customers. Some of you guys are pretty demanding, and that's a very good thing 'cos it keeps us on our toes. Wink
To bring this back to topic, most of the Service Status threads have now been updated, and the rest will be over the next few days. We dropped the ball here, and it won't happen again.