cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Customer Service forgotten about our broken phone line?

Squirrelatecabl

Has Customer Service forgotten about our broken phone line?

We've had no phone for two weeks so far. Does anyone know how to get some service from Customer Service?
We have been asking questions and adding pertinent detail by logging in to see our "ticket" but have since been told that every time we made a comment our ticket was sent to the back of the queue, and then eventually it "timed out". (I find this policy bizarre, but that's for another discussion). We can't phone Customer Services on our pay-as-you-go mobile due to the cost of the hour-long wait, we're not allowed to talk to anyone via the website for fear of sending our problem to the back of the queue and now we think we've been forgotten. Last year when we had the same problem in desperation I wrote to my MP after 6 weeks with no phone. That worked pretty smartly but I wonder whether there are any other suggestions out there?
4 REPLIES 4
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Has Customer Service forgotten about our broken phone line?

An engineer was assigned to go out today to look at it.  I presume that means your phone still isn't working?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Squirrelatecabl

No phone yet, not aware of any visit from engineer
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Squirrelatecable
We can't phone Customer Services on our pay-as-you-go mobile due to the cost of the hour-long wait

I hope when you do call you are using the 0345 number (which will charged at the same rate as 01/02 numbers) rather than the 0800 number which is usually expensive on mobile.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Squirrelatecable,
Really sorry about the delay on this one, it looks like an engineer went out yesterday and cleared a wiring issue just before 10am? Hoping that's the case, please let us know.