cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy existing customer, but looking to leave!!!

GE90
Grafter

Happy existing customer, but looking to leave!!!

Hi all
I have been with Plusnet for 10+ years, with no issues to speak of.
I am now looking into changing to fibre, and contacted the retentions team to see if any incentive could be offered to stay with Plusnet. Very disappointingly I was only offered the deals on the website!!
A real shame, as I am now looking elsewhere....... Any suggestions with securing a discount would be appreciated!
Cheers
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Happy existing customer, but looking to leave!!!

You were lucky to be offered the deals from the website as they aren't usually available to existing customers
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GE90 -
What is the name of your telephone exchange ?
What is your predicted monthly data usage ?
What price are you looking to beat ?
Ado16
Grafter

Funny how some companies can throw deals around and others don't.  Just been awarded an extra 250 minutes per month on my mobile phone for being a "loyal" customer.  Jolly nice of them I thought. To coin a twitter phrase "#justsaying"  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi GE90,
Sorry you weren't satisfied with what was offered, I hope it turns out to compare favourably with other offers that are out at the moment. Perhaps if you find one you like the look of you could go back to our COT team and see if they can beat a specific offer?
grahamt
Rising Star

I wonder if the attitude of the Customer Options Team would change if you actually asked for a MAC. I suspect the problem is that, as a 10-year customer, you simply look too loyal. In the retention game, it's worth offering you nothing until you can convince the team member that you really do want to leave.
The trouble is, I've not seen anything to suggest that other big broadband providers are any better. Some of the smaller ones might have a better attitude to loyal customers - but then they would be charging more in the first place.
It doesn't stop me hating the idea of these retention offers - even more than the introductory offers.
The members of the Customer Options Team are not to be envied - they must become very cynical very quickly.
Graham
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I doubt that there are many fibre deals around at the moment as it's so popular. Good luck & please let us know the final outcome.
Ado16
Grafter

Modified.
inhost
Grafter

I would leave too if I was you, talktalk have some good deals on now and PN are actually putting prices up.
76nil
Grafter

Haven't checked any 'deals' for various providers but if you do change do it via a cash back site (TopCashBack or Quidco) they have some great deals on at the moment for anyone changing to another company. 
No company values loyality anymore.  They prefer to attract new customers rather than hold on to the ones they have.  I change bank (£100 from Halifax), insurances and energy providers every year.  New customers not only get better offers but I also get cash back.  It only takes a few minutes to organise once a year.
Good luck.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It doesn't stop me hating the idea of these retention offers - even more than the introductory offers.

Just out of interest, why would you if it were to get you a better deal?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/consumer-switching-review/annexes/switching-...
In a losing provider-led (LPL) process, LPs can use the fact they know that a customer wants to switch away to offer ‘reactive save’ inducements to keep them. This risks dampening normal competition.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.