cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Customer for 6+ years now its time to Leave

eastcoastpc

Happy Customer for 6+ years now its time to Leave

I have been a happy Plus.net customer for over 6 years..
Never really had any problems apart from an odd one here and there which was sorted out
quite quickly by CS
Since our exchange was upgraded to Max (upto 8Meg) over 3 years ago I have enjoyed speeds
of around 600-700K.  Smiley
I'm on the old Broadband Premier Option 2 and don't have any problems being on this product
or paying a bit more than the newer packages as I like the 4pm Peak time and not the earlier one as in the newer packages
So I get most of my downloads done before then and that leaves the evening for general stuff and BBC iplayer etc..
My rant is that just over 2 weeks ago I noticed a big drop in my B band speed from an average of 600-700k to 50-180k (little better than Dial Up)
thinking it was to do with some service issues as stated on the plus net site I left if for a copule of days hopeing things would get better
They didn't, so I checked through everything, changed filters, tried another router, phone cord etc but still the same.
I ticketed C/S and went through the standard stuff, explaining the problem etc and going through the hoops,
I had the standard questions to answer which seemed to be asking about Disconnection problems, I tried to explain that it wasn't a diconnection
problem  (Luckily i don't get any of those) it was a massive speed drop issue.
after a few days of replying to tickets and running the fault diag i still wasn't getting anywhere so I figured i would leave it a day or so and hopefully
that would give it time to sort its self out..... No chance
the Fault check came back with "All initial checks have been completed without finding any problems"
Broadband Fault Checker - Detailed checks [ Completed ]
All questions have been completed by the user.
Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]
The Connection checks could not be completed
Test result summary: Inconclusive
That was on sunday 1st November,
On tuesday I was starting to get a bit more annoyed (more so with C/S than the speed issue) as it seemed no-one was the slighest bit interested in my Problem or telling me about what was happening so on tuesday 3/11 I replied to the ticket again saying  "I get the impression that nobody wants to sort out this fault. Perhaps somebody can update me with some info telling me How you are trying to fix this problem and maybe tell me why I am spending £30 a month on a useless and exremely slow service thats little faster than DIAL UP and in some cases actually slower (downloads last night from various sources were around 5.6kb - 9.2kb) My current IP Profile is set at 4000 (normally 6000)
I have even Tested my PC and both laptops on my neighbours ISP's using my router and filters and as I expected I hit excellent Download/uploads straight away, with an average 560K on one ISP and 620K on another. I have even purchased one of the new BT Accelerater sockets to see if that would help.
My router is plugged directly into the main BT master socket and we have no extensions or other wiring to worry about
I am that fed up with the lack of Help/support that My next Ticket will be requesting my Mac code and I shall take my Broadband and Home Phone to somewhere else Angry
13 REPLIES 13
James
Grafter

Re:Happy Customer for 6+ years now its time to Leave

Hi there,
I've just tried calling you on both of your telephone numbers, but unfortunately noone seemed to be there.
I've had a few thoughts on your connection issues and would appreciate a chat, if you could let me know when you are free.
eastcoastpc

Re: Happy Customer for 6+ years now its time to Leave

Hi James,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately as we get so many unknown, 0845 and so called international calls that we don't
always answer as most are trying to sell something or do a survey
If you could let me know the number you wil ring from (either on here or as a reply to the ticket or email ) I'll add
it to my phones address book so we know its Plus.net
Thanks
James
Grafter

Hi,
I believe that my phone either shows up as a withheld number or 08451400200 - I suspect the former though.
We can arrange a time for me to call so you know who it is Smiley
eastcoastpc

Hi,
Any time in the morning is Ok
(Our line auto blocks withheld calls)
Thanks
James
Grafter

It'll be on your mobile then Smiley
scootie
Grafter

withheld james, unless you make sure you 141 it when you have to ring me  Grin
James
Grafter

Thanks for your time.
I've raised your fault with BT as I'm fairly certain that something is amiss somewhere.
I'll let you know once we hear back.
eastcoastpc

Hi,
Is there any news from BT on my Fault ?
a couple of hours after  we spoke a few days ago my router reconnected with a line spped of 7232  Wink (looking good I thought)
and has stayed that way since but Upload/Download speeds are still the same (terrible) as I have mentioned above.  Cry

Fletch
Grafter

I just checked on your account and we haven't heard anything from BT.  Given your current sync it is possible that we haven't received an updated speed profile yet from the BT Systems - this can take a while.  However, I've manually changed this on our side. 
Let us know if this helps.

James
Grafter

Hi there,
I've just checked your fault and we do now have an update from BT.
They have either reset or reseated your line card, which may or may not have resolved the problems that you have been seeing.
Can you let me know if there has been any improvement at all please?
eastcoastpc

Hi,
Thanks for the update, I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes (fingers crossed)
As it was a Fault at BT Can I get some sort of part refund on last months payment ?  Huh
Thanks
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've replied to your ticket.  Thanks for letting me know Smiley
eastcoastpc

Ok James thats great, thanks for the help in this matter, all seems to be Ok.  Cool
Fingers crossed I don't get anymore problems like this in the future.
Could I just add a final suggestion rather than a moan, Roll_eyes
that If I had been kept updated via the ticket system in
the first place I wouldn't have had to drag everything up here.
Its a good system if its used properly, sometimes just a quick
reply to keep people informed about whats happening even if
nothing has been updated is better than not hearing anything at all..
Thanks again..
B Rgds