cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half price for 6 months - not on fibre?

BRABUS
Grafter

Half price for 6 months - not on fibre?

I have been looking at teh Plusnet adverts in various places that are currently saying broadband half price for 6 months.
My inlaws have now got the option of fibre in their village so I was going to get them to move their broadband and phone to plusnet.  I can't see anything offering fibre for halfprice.  Is fibre not broadband then?  As far as I can tell it is.  Is this an error in PN advertising?

Come on PN give people more incentive to move to you.  Heck I have recruited most of my family so far Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Half price for 6 months - not on fibre?

I shouldn't say this but if they go for Extra Broadband with calls and then move to fibre they would get the 6 months reduction based on the Extra product even when moving to fibre
Having just said that this page clearly indicates that fibre plus phone is included
BRABUS
Grafter

Cheers Jim, thats what I thought from the adverts, but when you start to look it doesn't make it clear anywhere that you will get this with fibre.
If my inlaws could get this then it would be worth them leaving their current ISP a couple of months early and paying the penalty.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

One could challenge the proximity of the banner to the product icons as misleading but the legal bits near the bottom of the page …
[quote=legal bits]
New customers who place an order for Plusnet Home Phone Evening and Weekend or Anytime packages and Plusnet Value Broadband or Plusnet Extra Broadband by August 28, 2012 get 50% off their monthly broadband rental charge for 6 months
The offer is only available to new customers signing up from www.plus.net/6months
Only customers who order the service between 27th July and August 28, 2012 are eligible for this offer
… do not list fibre products as included in the offer.
Even though your inlaws' exchange is fibre ready have you checked that their cabinet has been enabled?
David
BRABUS
Grafter

I know its very misleading isnt it.

As for the cabinet, yes it is enabled as when BT were working on it a few weeks ago they cocked it up and everyone kept losing their phones  Grin