Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML source code showing in Plusnet emails

FIXED
Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

HTML source code showing in Plusnet emails

I helped a relative sort out her renewal contract a few weeks ago and told her to forward me any emails she got about it from Plusnet so I could check all in order. Here is part of the text in an email she received....

"A breakdown of your monthly bill is as follows:

<b>

Unlimited Fibre Broadband: &#163;11.00 per month for 24 months and then &#163;15.99 thereafter Line rental: &#163;18.99 per month Anytime International call plan: &#163;8.00 per month

Total: &#163;37.99 per month for 24 months on a new 24-month contract then &#163;42.98 per month thereafter

</b>"

I've edited a few websites in the past so I recognise the source code in this but how is a customer supposed to know that "&#163" means "£"? Are you aware this is happening still and can't you fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: HTML source code showing in Plusnet emails

I had the same issue in an email on April 6th and one on May 6th

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @Debs947 and @daveplus,

Thank you for letting us know about this, I'm sorry for any confusion that these emails caused. I will pass this on to my team leader so that this can be flagged to the relevant team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Which email client(s) were these viewed in?

Do they appear identical if viewed via webmail?

This could be an issue with the email client not correctly processing html content correctly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Debs947
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I'm not sure how my relative received/viewed the original message, it could have been either her Gmail on an iPhone app or webmail. I use Gmail webmail.