Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great answer to my ticket

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Great answer to my ticket

On Thursday morning I raised a ticket (39309361) and after this afternoon I got the wonderful answer of
"Thank you for your query.
I will pass this onto the correct ream to action for you.."

I assume ream means team, so over 2 days just to pass on a query - I wonder how many days (weeks?) it will take to get a meaningful answer. Come on PN pull your finger out and give your customers some ** real ** support instead of just playing about, otherwise we may as well go for the cheaper isp's who don't claim to offer good customer support.
13 REPLIES 13
Mand
Grafter

Re: Great answer to my ticket

That's not good. Sad
It looks like the tickets are being raised to the wrong place. I'll get that sorted, and get someone to sort your issue asap (I don't have access at the moment).
paulgul
Rising Star

Thanks Mand.   Smiley
Seems to me PN should do away with the ticket system altogether, we always seem to be a better response on these forums
paulgul
Rising Star

All sorted now  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear it.
FWIW we have some training coming up so that more tech agents can resolve and answer those tickets (there used to be a few agents on each tech team who could do this, but with internal moves this is no longer the case, and we need to sort that).
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Seem to have seen this kind of response somewhere else, Mand.......
Never mind... if we "give us a little time,.... you will see some improvement in the next few weeks"...    ho hum  Roll_eyes
Mand
Grafter

Not in this case shutter, the ticket in question is a specific workflow, which used to be carried out by our networks team. However this meant customers only saw responses during Mon-Fri working hours.
We changed this some time ago so that senior CSC staff could do this work, meaning responses were quicker for the customer. In recent months we have less agents trained on this (mostly because those agents have moved onto other roles) and the priority has been on reducing wait times for tickets and calls rather than upskilling tech agents.
This training, along with other upskjll training, is planned over the coming months.
shutter
Community Veteran

In recent months we have less agents trained on this (mostly because those agents have moved onto other roles) and the priority has been on reducing wait times for tickets and calls rather than upskilling tech agents.

Huh? 
a bit of "smoke and mirrors" in use here then..... the smoke coming from the movement of the agents to other roles,..... and the mirrors bit being that this response mirrors exactly what you have been saying for the last 12 months or so, in my other thread...
  where "the priority has been....... "  but in fact,  is nothing doing. guys... just give us a bit more time....... and you will see things improve....

only it doesn`t .... does it Mand?

stop messing about....... the ticket system needs overhauling.... the number of tickets is nothing like when the system was set up in the year dot.... ... the system is not working... ipso facto... a new system is needed.. just adding the same waffling responses to each complaint. and to each thread on the subject, is not doing any good... ....
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't think any amount of tinkering around with the ticket system will compensate for (a) a lack of personnel and (b) a high number of the support agents they do have being very inexperienced and making lots of mistakes.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mitchell20
Grafter

It sounds very much like quantity over quality at the moment at PN.  Yes tickets may be answered quicker but is that answer the correct one....not in my experience in recent weeks.
shutter
Community Veteran

I wasn`t suggesting "tinkering with the ticket system".... I was suggesting.... chuck it out.... and start again... with something specifically designed to handle the number of tickets currently, and of course, that will allow for expansion of customer base...
The big problem Mand and the rest of CSC staff who deal/work with the current system, is acknowledging the fact that the system is not working due to the increase in customer base and needs to be replaced.
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Huh?   
a bit of "smoke and mirrors" in use here then..... the smoke coming from the movement of the agents to other roles,..... and the mirrors bit being that this response mirrors exactly what you have been saying for the last 12 months or so, in my other thread...
  where "the priority has been....... "  but in fact,  is nothing doing. guys... just give us a bit more time....... and you will see things improve....

Not 'smoke and mirrors' at all. The ticket specifically needed an agent with network administration privileges. We have less of these at the moment, as I said, because many of the agents who used to do this have been promoted internally.
As I said, we're working on it.
Quote from: shutter
stop messing about....... the ticket system needs overhauling.... the number of tickets is nothing like when the system was set up in the year dot.... ... the system is not working... ipso facto... a new system is needed.. just adding the same waffling responses to each complaint. and to each thread on the subject, is not doing any good... ....

I know we've had this discussion numerous times, but how do you think putting 150+ agents (many of whom who are just getting to grips with the system and the workflows) through learning and working with a whole new system would help matters?
As it happens I think the ticket system needs some work. But at the moment I personally think we should concentrate on sorting the issues we have first.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've got a great idea: why don't you divert a lot of resources away from responding to customer queries and problems and put them on to redeveloping the ticket system? I'm sure users facing even longer delays in responses to tickets would be happy to know that in a few months time the response times will be coming down because of the new system. Crazy
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran

Specific problem or not, Mand....... not a lot has changed as far as the customer end of the ticket system is concerned... and to quote from jelv above

happy to know that in a few months time the response times will be coming down

did you, and other senior PlusNet staff, say something like this, many, many, many, times over the past year?  quoting the number of agents is not a convincing argument, .... it may look like a lot of people, but...... since Jan 2010, you have got a significant increase in customer numbers too.... so the ration between staff and customers, is (probably) the same or less now...