cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the email regarding price rises yesterday - How do I go about switching away

neas83

Got the email regarding price rises yesterday - How do I go about switching away

So the email states I can switch away by giving Plusnet a call.
So assuming I already know which provider I want to switch to, can I ring up tell plusnet I want to cancel due to the price rises and then tell the new supplier to initiate the switch?
I don't want the service to be cancelled outright and then a week of downtime while the new supplier comes online.  I'm sure someone has been through this already and knows the score.
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Blake
Grafter

Re: Got the email regarding price rises yesterday - How do I go about switching away

Sorry to see you going. Not 100% clear on the new ISP transfer process, sorry.
I can definitely say that plusnet would make it worth staying so unless you are unhappy with the service i would recommend giving COT a call and saying what else you have seen on the market that is tempting you and they will make you an offer.
It is also the team to speak to if you do wish to go ahead with the cancel.
Their number is 0330 123 9197.
neas83

Re: Got the email regarding price rises yesterday - How do I go about switching away

It would be hard for them to offer a similar package (half price fibre for 2 years) total cost for line rental and fibre at £22 a month for 80MB Fibre.  Also £130 cashback through a secondary website.
To leave I will lose 3 months of LRS payments but it still makes financial sense to leave the contract early penalty free.
Equivalent deal currently with Plusnet is Line renalt of £16 a month plus £15 a month for Fibre
So £22 vs £31 for a 2 years = £9 x 24 = £216 saving, plus £130 cashback = £346 saving.
Blake
Grafter

Fair play,  they could match the offer I am sure but the cashback, that would be a tough one agreed.
Hopefully see you back when it's time for renewal again! Smiley
Estragon
Rising Star

The new Ofcom procedure is that you just order from your chosen supplier and need not contact Plusnet at all. Having sent you that email it is up to Plusnet to cancel any early termination charges that their system may invoice if it still hasn't been modified not to raise them.
My view is that ought to be by a credit at the same time as the invoice, (similar to how referral credits work), so you don't have to pay then get a refund perhaps a month later. Whether that is what happens I don't think anyone knows yet.
I think I'm right in saying the email says "All we ask ...", not "You must ...."
I believe calling them at an early stage is supposed to stop the charge being raised, but there seem to be frequent mistakes. That if the Ofcom Guidance were really being followed wouldn't happen.