Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye! And thanks!

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Goodbye! And thanks!

I'm just posting in this area, in the absence of a "Departure" board, to say thank you for over 8 years of help and advice on here.

OpenReach has given up on my locality in terms of fibre, hence I have now switched to Gigaclear FTTH and today  terminated my PlusNet service - or rather in 14 days time owing to the termination provisions...

Speed has gone from 5Mbps (and trust me that was good for the area!) to a heady 325Mbps.

It costs £5/month more than PlusNet were currently charging after increasing my monthly cost by £10 at the end of my contract without any notification or renewal offer (unlike last year when they did contact me).

9 REPLIES 9
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Goodbye! And thanks!

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Introductions to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Enjoy the new speeds! Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

OpenReach has given up on my locality in terms of fibre

Sadly this is an increasing theme, the consequence of which is that users are stuck with a zero competition service supplier.

I hope that all goes well for you with your new supplier.  Thank you for your contributions here over the years.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I hope all goes well with your new supplier. Thanks for your custom Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
drj
Aspiring Pro

Townman said:

Sadly this is an increasing theme, the consequence of which is that users are stuck with a zero competition service supplier.

I hope that all goes well for you with your new supplier. 

Well everything seems to be fine. Broadband speed varies slightly but it's usually as just tested now:

I've also managed to set up a free VOIP service so not using the Vonage partner of Gigaclear at nearly £10 extra per month.

The only drawback I've found is that Gigaclear's router is not very good at wifi so I've set up my old Netgear router as a wireless access point.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Wow amazing speed - nearly symmetrical!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

I'm in an area under the Fastershire BDUK that is due to get Gigaclear in a couple of year's time (it was due to be available last year...). What area are you in?

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@Townman wrote:

OpenReach has given up on my locality in terms of fibre

Not entirely true. Gicaclear wholesales their network and there are several retail partners available to choose from

https://www.gigaclear.net/get-connected

Same goes for OFNL (formerly IFNL) and their FTTH network.

drj
Aspiring Pro

@corringham wrote:

I'm in an area under the Fastershire BDUK that is due to get Gigaclear in a couple of year's time (it was due to be available last year...). What area are you in?

North Gloucestershire