cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given the wrong information. Still dont know whats going on, and still no phone!

boullemierp

Given the wrong information. Still dont know whats going on, and still no phone!

Afternoon Plusnet. My account is the same as my username if you need to check all the detailed notes on my account.

I'm almost at the end of my tether right now. I moved house 6 weeks ago (into a rented house, the previous occupier was the landlady herself), and two weeks before that I contacted Plusnet about my home move. They said everything would be up and running on the 13th February. It came to that date and I was told that the current provider has rejected the takeover. Ok, things happen and they may not have wanted their phone line switched off during the moving process.
Since then, I've tried two more times to get this undertaken, and each time it gets rejected.
I don't really know what passes for training in your company, but I've been told various bits of conflicting information throughout the process.

To surmise.
January - Ordered the home move.
13th Feb - Took day off, told on the day that the takeover was rejected. Order replaced for 3rd March
3th March - Partner took day off, had to phone up on the day to find the order had again been cancelled (the only communication i got was an automated message about being moved back to the WLT takeover pool. This is useless information to me, as no-where does it explain what that is) Told a stop order was in place, and if I got it cancelled, I could get the phone line switched through a WLT in 48 hours (approx).
3rd-10th March - I called my letting agent to ask the landlady to remove the stop order. I then spoke a few times to someone at Plusnet who kept an eye on the stop order waiting for it to be cancelled,, didn't have luck, was advised the stop order completed on the 19th, and an order was in place for that date
17th March - Phone up Plusnet to confirm the 19th was going ahead, was given "everything short of a guarantee" it would. Also said that Plusnet had put the stop order in because they were getting no-where with current provider.
19th March - Take the day off work again. Have to phone up Plusnet to find out the order was cancelled again. Told that stop order no longer existed on the line, and that plusnet would not be able to put one on the line of another provider in any case. Also told that by getting a stop order cancelled, it means there is a legal minimum of 11 days for a WLT to take place, not the 48 hours as previously mentioned, and that a stop order is the quickest way to be connected. Was told that it is a possibility that the line is registered at the wrong address, which might be the cause for the rejection. Told me they'd have to get back to me on it within 24-48 hours (now think this might have just been to get me off the phone, as I was becoming very agitated by this point)
All I'm ever told is to contact the previous occupant, I can only do this through my letting agent, and he says they are always unreachable. From what I can tell, the current line redirects to a business number of the landlady's partner, but I've been told by the agent not to contact them direct.
All I want is the phone line and internet to be connected. Feel utterly let down with conflicting information, and no real assistance. I find it hard to believe a previous occupier can just hold a line to ransom without any means of progress from my end.
This is costing me far too much time and money right now, having to use a 3g dongle to access basic internet at home. Having to use a mobile to make all calls, and three days off taken, wasting holiday which should be spent doing fun things! (And this doesn't take into account the fact that I'm still paying you at the moment for this "service" All I want is some straight information, and for someone to actually provide a solution. Its only a phone line after all!!!

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Given the wrong information. Still dont know whats going on, and still no phone!

Hi there,
I'm really sorry for any incorrect information or poor handling of this issue by ourselves.
I'm going to pick through each stage of where we've worked on this issue and pass on feedback where it's needed.
I realize this may be difficult from what you've mentioned but the best way to move forward with this is to get a message to the previous owner to advise their provider that they've moved as that should stop our attempts to take over the line from being cancelled.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
boullemierp

Re: Given the wrong information. Still dont know whats going on, and still no phone!

Thanks for the reply Adam.
What would happen if I am unable to ever get in contact with the previous tenant?
boullemierp

And another day passes, with another failed fibre connection by plusnet. Thats 5 in a row now! This time, i've been told the order was put on hold on the 31st, but I only found out today.... (4th).