Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very cheesed off now

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Getting very cheesed off now

Welll something is done at the exchange which fixes the problem for a few  weeks. Checking the line time and time again has achieved nothing so far.
You would think a company like BT would have equipment in place which could monitor and diagnose faults. No second thoughts knowing some of the rubbish equimpent these use maybe not.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The work which was done previously at the exchange was a lift and shift that was done in order to re terminate your line to a different port on the same line card. That is intended to be a permanent fix. Further tests have been done and no issues can be identified on the line card so realistically there are no further relevant exchange checks to be done.
I appreciate that this is becoming frustrating for you at present but we need to eliminate other external factors such as REIN as no line or exchange issues have been picked up on so far.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

With respect Adam going by what was SUPPOSED to have been done as far as line checks, repaired lines etc (The last engineer showed me what was claimed to have been done by previous engineers) I have no faith what so ever that any lift and shift was done. Remember the engineer before last left me with nothing including telephone and he was the one who was supposed to have done the lift and shift.. This is the same bod who CLAIMED to have replaced the NTE5 because it was hanging off the wall, which it certainly was not and he did not change it. CLAIMED to have replaced a cable from a juction box that did not excist to the NTE5.
I think I can be forgiven for not  having any faith in what is claimed to have been done when what was supposed to have been done that I can see was not.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

glloyd,
I understand that you have no faith in the engineers you definitely can be more than for given for that . A lift and shift has been carried out though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

It gets better, now the BT engineers don't even turn up. To say I'm getting very annoyed and fed up to the back teeth is an understatement. You can understand why the LLU ISP's customers are rocketing when they don't have to deal with BT.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

George
If you ever get this sorted, could you be kind enough to let em know the solution.  My issues have flared up again, after 15days of boring reliability.  NOTHING has changed in the house, although no doubt BT will want to vist to change sockets etc.  I am sure as you that this is an issue with the ADSL2= equip at the exchange, and so i have decided that is nothing solved in the next month, I will move to SKY LLU, or similar.  If it solves the issues I will be vindicated, with my assertation its an exchange issue.
Why is wanting a stable connection so much for BT to understand, and why cant 1 engineer take ownership of complex cases, I am sure they would be resolved quicker.....
glloyd
Rising Star

Trouble is you can't believe what BT say they do/did. It seems to me like hit and miss in the hope they stumble on something that works.
I've had four engineers visits (six since December) for this last episode and what they did one could have done in an hour. Mind you read what they claim to have done and you will reveal they perform miriacles on things that don't excist.
To simply not turn up is not acceptable. If people have to take time off work and lose pay it can be very costly whilst OpenReach/BTW play silly B's.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Agreed, this is entirely unacceptable, especially for a fault at this stage.
As per my update to ticket I'm very sorry and most disappointed  to hear about this. I have escalated this again and an engineer can visit today between 1300 and 1800, would you be free for this?
I am hoping to be able to elaborate a little later this afternoon as to why the scheduled visit did not occur yesterday, however an engineer can be with you this afternoon between 0800 and 1300, please let me know ASAP if this is not feasible or convenient for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

It seems the engineer was booked for today at least that's what Openreach say. Anyway they phoned this morning to ask if I can take an earlier appointment as an engineer had become free. At last an engineer who seems to know what he's doing although he is NOT a REIN engineer.
He has confirmed NO lift and shift has been carried out as I suspected. No E side/D Side check could be carried out as my line goes direct to the exchange.
He has now gone to the exchange to see if a lift and shift can be carried out. He says PlusNet have to agree which I thought was a bit strange. Watch this space.
glloyd
Rising Star

OK a lift and shift has been carried out so fingers crossed. Can we now get the banding lifted to see if the problem is fixed?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for keeping us appraised on this one.
We'll need to wait until the engineer has closed their task off before I can take any action on this. I will request for the banded profile to be removed however please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee this as the way in which your line behaves following the lift and shift will determine if a banded IP profile will be needed or not.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Thank you Adam. If banding is needed again the fault has not been fixed. The line has still not been checked for REIN other than to switch my radio on to see if we could pick anything up.
I think todays visit goes to backup what I have been saying all along and what was claimed to have been done, includuing the lift and shift was in fact not carried out.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Agreed,
Please don't think that we don't believe you about the lift and shift. Assurances were given in the past about this work being done. The lesson learned here is that assurances alone are not enough so I am looking at ways we can gain proof of when  a lift and shift has been carried out by gaining the tie pair IDs before the job is 'done' and checking this against the pairs assigned afterwards.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Sorry to say the lift and shift has not solved the problem and I'm still getting frequent disconnects.
Looking back this all started on a Sunday last December with a fast ticking noise on the line. This was reported as a voice fault but when the telephone engineer turned up it had stopped. He said he thought it was due to a large trunk cable being changed up the road due to a large number of faulty lines. As far as I know BT engineers use a bleeping type signal when testing a line not ticking. My present line test out as near perfect so it's not the quality of the line unless it is has an intermittent fault.
I can't find any pattern to the disconnects, they can happen any time of day or night. Sometines the connects will stay up 24 hours, other times an hour or so. This is in marked contast to the hundreds of hours before this fault.
What is the next step?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The ticking noise concerns me as this seemed to be causing you issues back in November last year. I'm going to recommend we go back down the route of dealing with this as an issue with teh phone service (which s obviously having a knock-on effect on ADSL) rather than as a broadband fault.
Please confirm that you are happy for us to close the broadband fault for now before we go ahead with this.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team