Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get your house in order....

matthab
Dabbler

Get your house in order....

Hi
I am currently frustrated, annoyed and losing patients with Plus Net. After weighing up my options I decided to upgrade from Sky ADSL service to Plus Net Fibre. Spent some time convincing the wife and got the nod.  Cheesy
So I rang up plus net and asked what the switch over involved. Was told very seamless and not to worry. So 1st June I placed our order. Here is where it all goes terribly wrong.
* Install scheduled for 17/06 when phoning up the day before i find that was cancelled. Issue with my phone line. So Plus Net had nearly two weeks to tell me this...
* Redid the order and was told a new date of the 03/07 for the install. I checked with the online chat and on the phone the day before and told all was well.
* So the install date came and went. No engineer turned up. I rang Customer Services being told it was never going to happen and should not of been told it was. So now sky has cut me off.
* Plus Net has now reactivated my line on the 08/07 and said it would take 24 hrs. Its now the 11th and I'm still waiting for my phone line to be activated.
So here is my present situation:
*I have no internet or phone
*I work from home and this is causing me great inconvenience.
*Plus Net are no further with supply me with anything.
*I have lost my number and have now had a new one.
So Plus Net here is what is going to happen. You have till Monday 13/07 to activate my line and give me a date for my fibre install. If this does not happen I will cancel my order and go else where.
Matt
31 REPLIES 31
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Get your house in order....

Hi matthab,
Really sorry to hear about the delays and the missed engineer visit.
I can agree to get the fibre order expedited for you but I feel it best to be realistic about timescales.
The process for us being able to do this means we need to place a fibre order first (my next job today) I'll then either later today (or Monday at the latest) be able to expedite it to complete within a few days.
The 13th is unlikely but we shouldn't be far off.
I'll keep you posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
matthab
Dabbler

Ok sorry I probably wasn't clear. I know fibre is not possible to get in by the 13th. But to get the phone line active and a date set for install Must be possible?
Thanks for your time I hope we can get this sorted.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I hear you, I want to do that but simply put we don't have an option to expedite phone orders.
I can definitely agree to expedite fibre after the line is in though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
matthab
Dabbler

So do you know when the phone line will be in? I was originaly told 24hrs?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really sorry to disappoint, that's incorrect.
The line is due for activation on the 17th.
I know this will be unwelcome news and I'll make sure we look after you due to that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
matthab
Dabbler

Thanks I will wait till the 17th for the line to go live.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Will you get your original number back?
matthab
Dabbler

Nope number has been lost.
I was told Openreach had to fix an issue at my exchange on Monday. The line still is not working any idea why?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi matthab,
I'm sorry to hear your phone line isn't working. This isn't the news I'd hope to be providing, but I've had to raise a fault with our suppliers for your phone line...
On 17/07/15 we called our suppliers and their notes following the call are as follows:
PLUSNET PLC called as the order is not progressing. Checked systems and there is an open activty 16 which needs to be progressed. Action taken: Advised CP that the engineer got scheduled for 20/07/2015. This is the current schedule for the task. It is not guaranteed and could be subject to change. Please review Order Tracker for next update on 21/07/2015 .  

I've checked the order today as we were advised to do and it looks like instead of sending the engineer out on 20/07/15 as advised, to resolve the fault, they got rid of the activity and marked the order as complete on 17/07/15 late on in the evening  Angry
I'm really sorry this issue is still ongoing, as soon as we are able to proceed with your fibre order I'll make sure you get a phone call.
EDIT: If the phone line starts working before the ERT from our suppliers, feel free to drop me a DM and I'll see if I can get it cleared and progressed sooner rather than later.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

A couple of observations - did you cancel the Sky service rather than leaving that action to the migration process?  Users ought to avoid giving their existing suppliers an end date as this runs the risk of services and numbers being lost if there is any delay.  Further a new order cannot be placed on a line having an open service cease order.
Moving from Sky (LLU) back to a full BTw service can be tricky as it involves physical changes in the exchange ... when that goes wrong you can get embroiled in the vagaries of BTOR engineer scheduling.
@CRT again I ask us there merit in more clearly warning migrators of the perils of giving the losing supplier a termination date?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

matthab
Dabbler

A couple of observations - did you cancel the Sky service rather than leaving that action to the migration process?  Users ought to avoid giving their existing suppliers an end date as this runs the risk of services and numbers being lost if there is any delay.  Further a new order cannot be placed on a line having an open service cease order.

Nope I followed advice from Plusnet which was to tell sky but dont cancel. When the order came through from Plusnet Sky sent an automated email saying the end date was on my fibre install date. So when Plusnet failed to tell anyone of the failed order sky continued to axe my service.
But we have some good news FINALLY:
My phone line came active yesterday evening (22/07) and fibre order has been placed. Although im a little confused as I have contradicting texts come through.
Text 1 - 22/07 19:00 - Your fibre order has now been placed and I have provisionally booked the appointment for 03/08/2015 between 8am and 1pm.
Text 2 - 23/07 09:02 - Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 04/08/2015. please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active.
What on earth is this about? I had discussed with Plusnet that id like an engineer so whats text 2 doing?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Text 2 is something that we really need to reword or remove, it basically means that your service is due to activate any time up to midnight on the 3rd. Realistically it'll activate in the morning prior to the engineer.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
matthab
Dabbler

Brilliant  Grin
It would be silly not to ask but are there any appointments a bit sooner? I know your mainly in the hands of Openreach so not an issue if not.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Unfortunately we can't I'm afraid.
I've checked the order and thats progressing fine.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team