Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get it off your chest.... hahahaha

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Get it off your chest.... hahahaha

Thanks very much. I've just booked the appointment for tomorrow morning, it's confirmed in the system I used but I'll leave it half an hour and then call BT to make sure it's received on the other system as well. I'll post back with confirmation.
lowero
Grafter

Matt
Thanks for chasing the engineer - he arrived this morning shortly after 8am.  He's checked everything and found a physical fault about 100m from my house.  He's fixed and the broadband/voice connected fine.
Tested the BT line speed and it's showing IP Profile of 500K - I guess this is due to the disconnections etc and should increase substantially in the next 3 days if I leave everything well alone?
Download speed achieved during the test was - 423 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps
Regards
Nigel
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

A restart of your training period would seem appropriate and would give you immediately faster speeds.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Hi Lowero,
Glad to hear the fault looks to be resolved.
Your profile should increase fairly quickly as it's such a big jump.
Resetting the SNR and training period would hurry this up, but I'd be loathe to do that until we've seen stability of sorts as when we do this we can't raise a fault for 10 days (currently if the fault returns it would be a priority as it would be a repeat fault, resetting the SNR would negate that).
Hope that makes sense, and give me a shout if you need anything else (or want the SNR resetting anyway).
lowero
Grafter

Thanks Mand - I'm also loathed to do anything atm.  Will just leave everything untouched... have 450K dl and voice - so is adequate (and stable  :))  Will give it a couple more days and hopefully it will raise automatically.
lowero
Grafter

Mand, Matt - sorry to say we're heading back to where we started.  Checked the BT Speedtest this morning and great... the IP Profile is back to 6500K.  The speed was still only at 408K download though.  Then picked up the phone and dead line again - NO DIAL TONE.  Unplugged the microfilter and just connected the phone - dial tone returned and was able to make calls.  Reconnected microfilter with voice and broadband, rebooted the router - broadband synced but now at a reduced speed and the phone line is DEAD again.  PLEASE WOULD YOU ESCALATE AS A PRIORITY CALL.
Frustrated again!!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

looks like you filter has failed, have you another to try
lowero
Grafter

Thanks Pierre.  Swapped for another microfilter, phone is currently working - router took an age to sync and is now at the stupid low speed of 200K.  No doubt the voice will fail again within the next few hours - that seems to be the pattern.  I'M BACK WHERE I STARTED!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm on this now Lowero, sorry to hear it's come back. I'll update shortly.
lowero
Grafter

Thanks Matt - broadband is definitely flaky again - just went down and through the whole handshaking~training scenario on its own.  Voice is still available atm.  I've rerun the BT Speedtest... profile remains at 6500 but actual speed is now a paltry 114K
Download speedachieved during the test was - 114 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :928 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps
lowero
Grafter

Just done it again - dropped the connection and taken minutes to resync.
lowero
Grafter

Surprise, surprise... promise that the unrepaired fault would be raised back with BT (Mand suggested that because nothing was changed it could be a "priority" fault) and I've heard NOTHING from anyone since Thursday.  What's SO FRUSTRATING is the complete lack of information from Plus Net - guys please get your customer focus back and keep us informed.  If BT can't/won't/aren't doing anything, the least you can do is let me know.  It makes me feel completely P****D OFF - you happily take my £40+ every month but there's precious little customer service.
FWIW the dreadful line speed issue continues.  Last couple of BT Speedtest results...
05th Feb @ 0745:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 268 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :512 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps
07th Feb @ 1850:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 203 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 350 Kbps
Maybe I should simply stop my direct debit????
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

@lowero.  Maybe we all should matey!! Or email the CEO at  avollmer@plus.net    Crazy
lowero
Grafter

Maybe it's the only way to get some action.  I feel for PlusNet Matt who's trying to help.  But customer service is down the tube at the moment - rather like their bandwidth.  The mantra for a business is "DON'T LOSE YOUR CUSTOMERS" - shame that PlusNet don't seem to understand that.  I've been a happy customer for the past 5 years - had some problems in the past, but always been very happy with the support and speed of response.  This time it's ABYSMAL.  I can [just about] live with BT's timescales, but am totally fed up with the lack of PlusNet communication.  It's really bad that I have to post comments on a PUBLIC rant page for any action to happen on something that has a proper support call logged.
Perhaps advising the top man is called for.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi lowero,
You're in sync at 7616 though the line profile has been dropped significantly (as per your posts and updates to the ticket). As the line has held steady at this speed for 2 days I've requested an SNR reset which should move you back up to a decent profile, somewhere around the 6000 mark. Once this happens, and provided the line remains stable (I can see no reason why it wouldn't) we'll remove interleaving and hopefully that should sort it.
Please let us know how this goes, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.