cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gesture of good will ?

flexo1966
Grafter

Gesture of good will ?

Taken from one of many tickets I raised to plusnet.

Dear Mr Marshall,
I'm sorry to hear that didn't happen.
Without wishing for our reply to come across as defensive you may be able to tell from our previous reply that we were advised in good faith that the issue had been fixed. I'm really sorry to hear it hasn't been.
I'm taking ownership of resolving this ASAP.
My first aim will be to make sure that the extensions are fixed correctly.
Following this I have feedback to pass on to our suppliers regarding the poor quality of service that led to this issue.
I can also see from http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129518.0.html that there's some feedback I need to pass on about the quality of support you've had from us I will also be looking carefully at if this was due to our working processes and practices or avoidable mistakes and see what can be learned.
Once resolved I'll be arranging a gesture of good will for you.
Kind regards,
Adam Walker.

I can now achieve speeds that vary from 48-51Meg. This is still far short of the 63Meg max that was offered to me when I joined. I was able to do this by using a brand new line that I payed for a couple years ago. The last BTOR engineer was brilliant and sorted the line which 2 other engineers refused to do (swop over the existing line to the one) involves a lot of work) . Twice before I have had messages like the one above so I won't be holding my breath for any gesture of good will.
I have 13 months left before they release me.
"plusnet will do you proud"............if there call centers were as good as there advertising team are at comedy then there would not be a wait at all.
Roll on release date
23 REPLIES 23
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Gesture of good will ?

Once resolved I'll be arranging a gesture of good will for you.

I've just refunded the last bill of £32.11 as that covers a full month of broadband subscription and line rental.
The funds should reach you within 10 working days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
flexo1966
Grafter

I'd much rather have my mac code so I can move to a major ISP, but you are are getting your bag of silver off me every month aren't you.
1 day over the first fortnight and you wouldn't let me cancel, we're not customers we're just £ notes to you.
So can I have my mac code please.
Yes or No
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi flexo1966,
Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving.
If you wish to cancel please find our cancellation policy here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
To request a MAC Code you will need to speak to our cancellations team or write in to us.
flexo1966
Grafter

You seem to have missed my point.
I want to leave but I don't want to pay for the privilege.
My time with plusnet so far has been so bad it's laughable.
Please let me go free I don't want to be here, it's bad, very bad indeed.
Having waited the best part of 3 months to get broadband, taken 2 holidays for engineers that did not turn up and a plethora or other things you have given me £30 as a good will gesture. You can have money back (when it's sent to me)
I JUST WANT TO LEAVE.
plusnet we'll do you proud.........you should be done under the trades description act.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry if I seemed to have missed your point.
You will need to discuss this with our Customer Options (cancellations) Team. They're available Monday - Friday 09:00 - 20:00 and Saturdays 09:00 - 17:30.
We do not deal with cancellations via the Community Forums, hence why I provided the link for our cancellations policy in my previous response.
flexo1966
Grafter

Okay I'll ring the team tomorrow. I finish work at 14.00hrs so if they close at 20.00hrs I might get through.
But as I'm sure you already know the answer will be no.
I will post tomorrow the time it took to get through and the outcome.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Make sure you call on these numbers
Residential cancellations
0800 013 2632
0330 123 9197
They tend to be answered quicker than the normal support number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

flexo1966
Grafter

Thanks, calling now @15.27 ... Cheesy
flexo1966
Grafter

Well support answered the call and is going to ring me back about canceling for free but has to speak to someone else. @15.45
How quick was that !!!!! Just under 20 minutes. Wonder how long the call back will take.
flexo1966
Grafter

Guess what they won't let me leave, or they will if I pay £250.....joke price, joke company and Adam...laughable like this whole set up.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Did you claim any more for the 2nd missed OR engineer appointment?
flexo1966
Grafter

I detailed all the troubles I had including 2 missed engineers and the holidays I took and was given £31 rebate (last months bill)
If anyone knows of a way I can get away from this isp without having £250 please let me know.
I was offered a rebate on my fiber because I can only get between 48-52Meg but good ol adam  got out of that one because I get over 42Meg. They have a answer for everything if it means keeping your bag of silver every month. And that at the end of the day is what counts. Not customer satisfaction, the customer is a number and will be forced to stay at all counts unless he gives over £250.
I'VE HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND WANT TO GO TO ANOTHER ISP.  I DONT WANT TO PAY £250 I JUST WISH TO MOVE ON.........PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GO !!!!!!!!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi flexo1966
Sorry to hear about your situation, you may find this of interest: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Also OpenReach pay PN for missed appointments: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
Maybe you should email the PlusNet CEO
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As you have admitted previously, the initial problem you had you would have had whichever ISP you went to.
Maybe you are just saying the wrong things.
You are entitled to claim compensation for the 2nd missed engineer's appointment.