cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From bad to worse

justwill
Grafter

From bad to worse

So where to start. Back in July we started our move due to our landlord wanting the property back for family reasons. As we had just taken out a contract with Plusnet a few months back we had to take it with us.

We decided to move back to my parents to help with saving for a deposit. As a result we would take over their line. I said at the time we would be out of the old address at the end of the month and would like it to work until then.

The first problem was on the 17th of July when the new line was taken over. At first the dail tone was lost but was fixed the next day or two. When that happened I went to setup the internet at my parents as it wouldn't be fair for them to go without for two weeks. As soon as I did that we lost internet at the old address. This then forced us to change our moving plans.

Over the next few days I noticed that we had no where near the speed guaranteed. That then started a long and painful process that was fixed finally yesterday.
Here is another topic showing some of the problems we had. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Update-on-fibre-fault/m-p/1560956#M80438

During the time waiting I ordered a second line from another supplier. About a week later they contacted me to cancel due to the unable to provide. After that call I saw I had a message from Plusnet saying sorry to see you leave. I then at that point called to say the is a mistake and to cancel it. I then continued with the fault but noticed on DSL checker we had an order that would complete on the 24th of September. I did ask one time on the phone and was told not to worry.

Come the morning of the 25th I was at work talking about exchange price differences and then went to look up our number and was greeted with a invalid number message. I then checked the support tickets and saw a message saying "phone service ceased"! At this point I called and was told that I had left and why did I leave! I then tried to explain that I told you a month ago to cancel the order. I was then told that it was cancelled but still went through. This then was made worse when the system to order the line was down!

In the end I had to call back the next day after being told I would get a call back.

We now have no phone service and some of the worst customer service I've ever had. The way that I was told I had left so the feeling I got was 'we don't care'

This is something I would expect from talktalk and not Plusnet.
10 REPLIES 10
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: From bad to worse

Hi @justwill

Firstly, I sincerely apologies for the amount of issues you have experienced with your service and for the problems with your provide orders.

Checking your account, it appears that when the order was placed to transfer the service away from us we did cancel this requested but the service left us regardless of this action.

As the phone line is currently down, I have replaced the order and I expect it to complete within 24 hours. Because of the amount of issues you have experienced, I'm going to personally monitor the phone order completing so I can then place your broadband order to get everything back up and running for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi again @justwill

Thank you for awaiting my response.

I have checked the order and provided an update on the ticket which you can access here. Feel free to get back in touch if you require any further assistance.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
justwill
Grafter

I'm glad we now are back up and running at last. Now it is just a case of trying to get the best speed possible. I did get a message on the broadband fault ticket which says they left a message but I've not had any voice mail messages.

It mentions that we are at 8mbps but we are still at 6mbps. I know that I have been told to restart the router to get the speed to resync. I haven't decided anything yet to allow the line to settle and await to be told to save false alarms on the stability.

Also during the fault I was told a few weeks ago that I would receive more than just down time refund and would get a 'good will gesture' due to the time taken. Would be nice for that to be honoured in some way.

Thanks again for getting the phone back in a speedy manner.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

6mbps - is that the synch speed reported by the router or is it the data transfer speed reported by the BY Wholesale speed test?

If it is the synch speed, then what is the SNRM?  If the SNRM is above 6dB then (assuming this has been changed) you are not going to see the benefit without a router restart or disconnection to force a new xDSL session.

If it is the data transfer speed, then you might get some improvement by dropping the internet connection and restarting it through the router GUI.  This should drop the PPP session without dropping the synch (xDSL session).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

justwill
Grafter

Thanks for the pointer at resetting the PPP session. I always thought you had to reboot the modem to get the new speed.

On the snrm I can't see that due to being on an openreach modem.

Just now waiting to hear about the compensation.

Thanks again.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @justwill,

It looks as though the refunds/compensation/credits have actually been actioned based on these service notices - 1, 2, 3 and 4. Can you conifrm if this is the case? 

justwill
Grafter

Hi
At the moment I can't access my bills on the account and it is saying I have no phone package. So at the moment I can't confirm anything.
justwill
Grafter

Hi

I now can see my bill and I can see the amount I got as a credit and that was for the time up to the 14th of September (Ticket: 182326712). No other credits have appeared on the latest bill or my "Goodwill gesture". Also just received another message with "No matching Broadband order found for **********,Error:501:Order Rejected"

Looks like things are still going well. Angry

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I now can see my bill and I can see the amount I got as a credit and that was for the time up to the 14th of September (Ticket: 182326712). No other credits have appeared on the latest bill or my "Goodwill gesture".

It looks like your account is in credit which should come off your next invoice.

The amounts can be found in the service notices linked above which should've been emailed too.

Also just received another message with "No matching Broadband order found for **********,Error:501:Order Rejected"

Looks like things are still going well. Angry

I'd disregard that, it looks like it was generated after our system tried to place a phone order with our suppliers following re-adding the phone component on your account. Ultimately it failed because the phone line was already active.

Sorry for the concern caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
justwill
Grafter

Just to say I'm still fighting to get things sorted. Now calling as I've now been charged nearly £130 early termination charge!!!!!!!! Ticked_off

Will update once through. Also had my contract reset and was treated extremely poorly by the call center staff. They refused to listen to me!

UPDATE: Spoke to someone nice this time and was great. Now waiting for the 30th the arrange the refund. Happy days hopefully