cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forget the router if you were expecting one from PN

Anon
Pro

Forget the router if you were expecting one from PN

It says one will be received in 2-3 working days. I have just contacted them by live chat after 6 working days and I am told they have an issue that is being investigated and one will be sent "shortly". No commitment and that means they have not got a clue when it will be sent. In a few days it will larbour on our doorstep for a couple of weeks, we are away. Did not even bother to inform we punters of any delay. Another shambles handled badly from PN Oh and by the way, Live Chat froze on me.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
16 REPLIES 16
Anon
Pro

Re: Forget the router if you were expecting one from PN

Wonder how many people PN have taken money from and will not have a connection because no router to send them?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm looking at your account now and I think the person who added the router has made a mistake on it unfortunately. I'm going to refund the P&P and get a new one ordered, sorry about that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Thetwohoughs
Grafter

The system needs changing in my opinion, all routers should be ORDERED and DISPATCHED within 48 hours of a new Fibre/ADSL Order, why instead are they sent within 2-3 days of the connection LIVE date?
Anon
Pro

I am sorry too, please don't send it we shall not be here to receive it.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: Thetwohoughs
The system needs changing in my opinion, all routers should be ORDERED and DISPATCHED within 48 hours of a new Fibre/ADSL Order, why instead are they sent within 2-3 days of the connection LIVE date?

it's so the end-user does not connect them before they are supposed to.
2-3 days before connection day is plenty time to have it delivered.. no need to have it weeks before.
Quote from: Anon
I am sorry too, please don't send it we shall not be here to receive it.

it fits thru the letter box, you don't need to be in to receive it.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
I'm looking at your account now and I think the person who added the router has made a mistake on it unfortunately. I'm going to refund the P&P and get a new one ordered, sorry about that.

This is happening far too often. It happened to me when I moved to fibre and I have seen it happen here to many others.
I agree the system needs updating.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: chenks76
it's so the end-user does not connect them before they are supposed to.
2-3 days before connection day is plenty time to have it delivered.. no need to have it weeks before.

The end user could still connect it when they receive it 2 or 3 days before being connected. Also, this strategy doesn't take into account mail delays.
It would be far better to send it in plenty of time and if required, fix a big sticker on it saying "DO NO CONNECT UNTIL FIBRE INSTALL DATE" or something like that.
There are quite a lot of people who end up not having the unit in time - that could be easily fixed.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Isn't the new all in one box both ADSL and VDSL?
So it can be used as soon as it arrives if you are already on Plusnet ADSL.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
dbmab2

I ordered a new router on Sat 13th of Feb and paid my £6.99 over the phone and it arr Tues 16th Feb took 15mins to set up excellant service works atreat Thanks.  Dave
chriseldred

I called in on saturday 13th as well, sadly not the same experience as dbman, had a defective router diagosed and as I had signed up for another year (now reversed and will be going elsewhere) a week previously I was told I could have the new router free, just pay the postage and it would be with me within 2-3 working days. Called in wednesday and after 18 minutes was told they could not tell me when I would get the new router. I was offered another 15 minute wait on the "provisioning line" I persisted and eventually the operator told me it had been dispatched, here we are saturday, still nothing! allegedly first class royal mail. Crap service and it would seem, lies!. Told twice I should not have been told 2-3 days more like 7, either way nothing has arrived, I could have bought one on ebay for about £12.00 including postage and got it the next day. Doing it the plusnet way will mean at least 9 days of no service and 6.99 worse off and contract will end on 28th, whats the chance of some compensation?Huh
As for wait times, I have called about five times over the last two years and never waited less then 15 minutes, random times on random days!!
Virgin where a bit slow at times but ten years of uninterrupted service was brilliant.
Definitely no better than any other provider
Anon
Pro

Delivery will take 3-5 working days from dispatch
Taken from confirmation of order email sent to me.
frankieboy231

I sighned up to PN last week in January promised router by cutover on the 12th. Feb (away visiting at the time) arrived home on the 17th. Feb - no router.  Contacted Customer Support who immediately dispatched one - arrived on the 19th. - a week after cutover.
Router so dumbed-down that unable to fix ip addresses to use my Terrablocks or printer as IP addresses keep changing so fallen back to my BT Hub3 - works fine.  The Sagecom PN router wasn't worth the postage.
Just to end - today found out they've changed my telephone number so that's why no incoming calls for a week. Took 73 mins on queue to sort that one - expect to be done before midnight on Monday
Today sending email to brother-in-law reversing recommendation to move to PlusNet.
chriseldred

no mention of 3-5 days from "DISPATCH", royal mail have a very good next day record for first class post, which is the method i was told (lied about)
need to look at their logistics provider and give the a kick
chriseldred

Monday, postie has just been, no router, total joke now, contract ends on the 28th, i will be moving elsewhere, at least a new sign up tends to get some kind of help at the beginning, loyal customers, forget it!!