cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fobbed off again with Amazon Voucher promise

squashabe
Dabbler

Fobbed off again with Amazon Voucher promise

I joined Plusnet in June last year on a promotion that included a £30 Amazon voucher which I have never received.  After countless times of raising questions and being told that they wouldn't investigate until I remembered which web site I had joined with 6 months previously, I received the following reply (after this message)in January:
Guess what happened when I asked where the voucher was the day before yesterday?  I was offered a £30 credit on my Plusnet account.  When I declined this and said I wanted the voucher I have been told that I've missed the January deadline and I will have to wait for the next ditribution!!!  Presumably this will be the 12th of never!  It seems that these Amazon vouchers are as rare as rocking horse [Censored].
I've registered a complaint, lets see what happens
[removed] - CSC Analyst
3:41pm, Monday 9 Jan 2012
Dear Mr Potts,
My name is Peter and I’m the Affiliate Executive at Plusnet. I've been made aware that you have had some problems receiving the Amazon voucher you were promised when you joined us. Our records show that we should have sent you a voucher on the week commencing 29th August so by virtue of the fact it hasn't arrived something must have gone wrong and I do apologise for that. I'm also sorry that you were informed that we couldn't investigate the issue unless you could remember the site you signed up through - that shouldn't have happened and it has been noted.
With regard to resolving the issue I can arrange for another voucher to be sent to you on the next batch. This will be towards the end of this month but I'm unable to provide an exact date yet. The reason for this is because the vouchers are sent through a third party not Plusnet directly. Because this is the case sometimes the vouchers get recognised as junk email so please check your spam folder carefully and if you have any “auto-delete” functions set up for junk/spam email I’d advise that you temporarily switch these off.
Please can you confirm that you would like the voucher sending to the email address we have on your account -
Again I do apologise for the problems you have had so far with regard to receiving the voucher and thank you for giving us the chance to rectify the situation for you.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
Dick:red Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rules.
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fobbed off again with Amazon Voucher promise

Hi squashabe,
Yes, I remember asking Peter to look into it here which he responded to a short time later. Until I look into this further for you I couldn't say why you haven't received your voucher yet, and why the goalposts have shifted, but I will certainly find out for you. If it's the case that you'll have to wait until the end of this month then I will also be very disappointed. I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.
Jojo
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why not just take the £30 discount offered and buy your own Amazon voucher?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi squashabe,
Both people I need to see have not been in today. I hope to find out more tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Jojo
mapletree
Grafter

I'm often quick to complain when things don't go to plan but personally I think a £30 credit is a good alternative.  I could name many companies that I have experience with who have failed to honour offers and not proffered any alternatives.