cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally made it back online

dmillett

Re: Finally made it back online

Hi again Matt
I just switched routers (again) as my D-Link wouldn't allow me to leave the password blank.
Homepage appeared before I got to try any of the advice above.
I'd prefer to use my D-Link (if possible) as it will save me having to go through the process of working out the menu to open ports for specific applications and having to change the WPA key on my wireless setup (2 laptops, 1 phone, 1 pc).
Having said that, if the D-Link presents itself as a problem with access....... it goes into storage.
Thanks for the help, I'm going to play around switching routers back and forth (for the umpteenth time) to see if I can save myself a lot of work transferring personal settings.
I'll keep you updated, but at this point it would seem problem solved.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Blast, sorry, should have said - if the router won't let you leave the password blank just put in 'password', that should work fine. My bad.
dmillett

Quote from: Matt
Blast, sorry, should have said - if the router won't let you leave the password blank just put in 'password', that should work fine. My bad.

haha  No problem...... as far as I'm concerned, any compatibility problems are easily overcome by scrapping/storing the item concerned.
I can get online now that's what matters, if I'm going to be fussy about which router, then that's for me to work out myself.
I'll try your suggestions with the D-Link, but switching routers is not really a major issue, it might be just as well to cut my losses and switch to the new router.
It's going to take time either way, but as I said.....  that's my concern.
Thanks again