cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre still not sorted

duncs
Grafter

Fibre still not sorted

This is now beyond a joke - I am on the verge of cancelling my contract. It has now been over a month since I had fibre installed. The installation itself was a complete disaster because of a failure by plusnet to set up the order at your end and your failure to send out a fibre router. I was therefore without broadband completely for 2 days and spent hours on the phone at that time to support. This was more than an inconvenience since I rely on broadband for work. Your literature provides assurances that on switchover you will only be without broadband for an hour or so. To make matters worse I recently discovered I had been charged for these telephone calls!
Whilst I eventually managed to get broadband access it has been woefully slow. I was advised that this was due to the new modem "learning" the line. A few weeks  ago connection ground to a near halt so I phoned support again. After another lengthy 2 phone calls (which I will no doubt be charged for again), the technician admitted there was a fault at your end but it had now been fixed. It was fixed for around 30 minutes and quickly returned to dial-up speed connection.
The latest ticket received a few days ago says it as now been sorted.  If thats the case why am I only getting 9Mbs at best down load and 8Mbs at best upload.  I am paying £20 per month for 80mbs up and 20mbs down. BT speed test and the installation engineer who tested the line confirmed I am close to the cupboard and should be achieving the full speeds.
More over, I raised a tickket asking for my complaint to be escalated to senior management.  I was told this couldnt be done unless I raised another ticketor write a letter.  I cant raise another ticket as I have four open and can only close one (which is the one where you agree that I have been billed incorrectly so I am not deleting that until you have refunded me).  And I simply refuse to write a letter to a broadband company!
I have just paid my second bill. So I have now been paying £20 a month for 80mb fibre for a two month period where I have had near zero access (300kb download speed and records to prove it until recently and even now still a tenth of what I should be getting).
I have been with plusnet for many years and previously had no problems with adsl. All that goodwill is now gone. I insist that this message is passed to a senior manager within 24 hours, that my fibre speed is fixed in 24 hours, and that my broadband charge of £19.99 for the last month is immediately refunded along with a proportion of the current month given it is still not fixed. Otherwise I will start reporting this experience to which, guardian money,  and any other broadband customer services champions and Internet forums I can find.
I cant believe how much time I have wasted on this - I thought after the installation it couldnt get any worse, how wrong I was.  Im sorry for posting this publicly plusnet, but I am at the end of my tether and you have had plenty opportunity to sort this.
23 REPLIES 23
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Fibre still not sorted

I'm sure your issues will get the attention of James Bailey in the morning.
Can you confirm that you tried to Make a Complaint here and it refused to allow you to, either when/before you got to the page or when you tried to click "send your question to the support team" ? Please specify which.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How do you connect to the router, wired or wireless? If it's normally wireless what speed do you get if you try a speed test wired?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
duncs
Grafter

Yes, I tried raising a complaint via a ticket but I have 4 tickets already.
And yes, I've tried (for over a month!) connecting wired and wireless to the router. For the record, each time I have done a bt speed test and reported back on a ticket it has been wired with wireless disabled. I have obviously done tests separately on wireless and got similar results though.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: duncs
Yes, I tried raising a complaint via a ticket but I have 4 tickets already.

Yes I know that from your OP, I wanted to know at exactly which point it stopped you.
duncs
Grafter

When I click on your link it simply says I can't open another ticket because I have 4 open already which is the max. 
By the way plusnet, I notice a ticket has been updated at 1am this morning (61352869) with exactly the same internal response as I have had twice previously. There is an internal problem here that u have known about for weeks but not properly addressed!:

System User - Automated Script Pool
1:15am, Tuesday 30 Oct 2012
[internal note]
A modify order on this account was unsuccessful.
The reason given was "Expl1 = Modified: Attribute - "Interleaving"; Old Value = "Yes"; New Value = "Not Applicable" : Expl0 = The item that you are trying to customize contains invalid sub-items or attributes or does not comply with the corresponding customizable product definition. Do you wish to proceed and have the invalid selections removed or fixed? : ".
Modify order type:

Please check why the order has been rejected and contact the customer.
Anotherone
Champion

That last issue sounds like an inexperienced agent needs advice from the department manager!
OK, Plusnet clearly need to address the problem of Raising a Complaint ticket. When clicking on 'Make a Complaint' it should override any ticket count limitation.
James
Grafter

The advice is correct.
It is not possible to have more than 4 tickets open at a given time.  There should also be no reason to have more than 3 tickets open.
It looks like there's only 2 tickets open now, so it should be possible to raise a complaint if needed.
Anotherone
Champion

Errm, that's really not addressing the issue James. People with faults and billing issues could easily have that many tickets open and they aren't getting resolved and therefore want to make a formal complaint.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@duncs
Out of interest, what were the four tickets you had open about and were any of them raised by Plusnet on your behalf or had you raised them all yourself?
In my experience having multiple tickets open relating to the same or similar issues is counter-productive - we have enough trouble with them not reading all of one ticket before responding let alone expecting them to look at others as well!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi duncs,
Really sorry about this one. Just taken a look at your account and I think I've identified the problem. I've dropped you a text and left some further detail on one of your open tickets. Give me a shout if you're still having problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

duncs
Grafter

Bob, thanks for your comprehensive response on my ticket. I will check speed again tonight as you advise.
In terms of the number of tickets there is maybe an issue there as plusnet set up two of them when bumping me around your system internally! So maybe an issue there for plusnet. I raised two, one for the fault and one for billing error. Plusnet created two more. Two issues with that - its confusing for users (and presumably plusnet technicians) to follow, and meant I couldn't raise a complaint ticket.
Anotherone
Champion

I'm glad that there's some progress here and that Bob thinks he's found the problem.
With regard to the tickets issue, it might be worth pointing out (and for anyone else reading) that the way to deal with tickets opened by Plusnet that you can't close, especially if they no longer seem relevant or you just want them closed, is to respond to the ticket requesting that it be Closed promptly as you need to raise another ticket (and that if the information in the ticket is still needed to process it another way).
If the response is somewhat tardy, then phone up, quote the ticket number and get the agent to close it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I'm not totally comfortable with the idea that you are dependant upon Plusnet responding to the request to close a ticket before a complaint ticket can be raised. In my experience that can sometimes take a while.
Anotherone
Champion

It should be instantaneous with a phone call, which you can pursue to Management level if need be.