cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order status STILL showing 'activating your line'

shazpot

Fibre order status STILL showing 'activating your line'

I'm really disappointed with this whole process so far trying to join plusnet. on 27th Feb I signed up for the phone line and fibre BB. The initial payment was taken and the checks on my phone line passed.
I received an email saying my phone line will be transferring from my current provider soon  and I will get a further txt or email with an engineers appointment and regular updates at where my order is at. Not had anything sent since  Sad
But for a few weeks now the status of my broadband order as stayed at;
Current  'Activating your line' followed by Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Then  'Hardware delivery' The order has not yet been placed.
The status of The Plusnet Hub One is still at;
Current 'Payment as been taken'
Then 'Hardware dispatch pending' followed by The order has not yet been placed.
I tried to get help via Live chat a few days ago and the adviser couldn't help me and transferred me to another department which after 30 mins waiting at number 1 in the queue I was disconnected with a message 'try again later'
Fuming was an understatement.
Surely PN services are more efficient than this and it's not the usual way they treat their customers.  Angry 

12 REPLIES 12
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre order status STILL showing 'activating your line'

Just looking into this for you.
[edit]
It looks like your current provider has a cease on the line that's due to complete on the 30th.
If you want to keep your current number you'll have to contact them and get this cancelled.
Until that completes we can't place any orders but I'm keeping a eye on this for you and I'll place the orders when the cease completes
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shazpot

Thank you for looking in to this for me Matthew. I'm really confused now as I rang sky to cancel my packages on the same day as I joined Plusnet. 
They said I don't need to do anything concerning my phone line or broadband because Plusnet will do this for me. My welcome email also said the same.
If I had a new phone number instead of keeping my sky would my order be able to be processed now?  I never use my landline so if changing speeds things up I would actually prefer to change.
Again thanks for helping  Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We'd still have to wait till the 30th before we can place a order I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to place a successful order while the is another order in place on the line.
From what you've said, I wouldn't have thought that Sky would have placed a cease on the line after advising you that it would be ceased as part of the transfer. Although an in-flight order would also make the cease show on the line, I've not been able to find any orders other than the initial one that shows as rejected due to an in-flight cease order Sad
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shazpot

Omg now I'm even more confused. I will ring sky and find out what this cease hold thing is and post back. Thanks
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

A cease order is an order to stop the line.
If Sky are unable to remove the cease, we should be able to proceed with restarting the line once it has been fully stopped. This usually takes around 1 working day to complete.
Following this, we may need to wait 1-2 working days for availability records to be updated before we can place your fibre order at which point the fibre order would be placed for as soon as possible (Dependant on engineer availability to complete the external work)
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shazpot

So now all my sky services have ended. I hope getting connected to Plusnet is much easier now.
Can you imagine?  2 teenager girls, only a few hours without wifi and I'm already pulling my hair out. Please PLEASE let this be quick and painless or I could be carted away by tomorrow haha.  Crazy
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We're getting the order to restart your phone line placed first then the order for your fibre.
The phone should be up and running today hopefully.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shazpot

great stuff. How long does the fibre usually take to be activated? Ive seen so many different answers on here.
Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I should have a date by the end of today for you.
Don't worry about the e-mails you'll receive in the next hour.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shazpot

Thanks Matthew, much appreciated   Smiley
shazpot

Still no phone line activated and I've just clicked on the order tracker and it says I don't have an order in progress.
I ignored the emails as suggested which gave me an activation date of 5th April for telephone line and 14th April for fibre. I also received another email later confirming my phone line order was successfully cancelled. . I'm really unhappy with how long I'm being left without any services.  Could I not have normal broadband activated with my phone line then change to fibre when it can be connected?
I know I had 14days to cancel but that was assuming I would be connected before now like stated when I ordered. Is there any way I can get out of this contract if I'm left without services for so long?