cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre issues...confused by phone numbers!

KMJ71

Fibre issues...confused by phone numbers!

Hi
I've got an ongoing problem (one of many!) with my home move and the transfer of my fibre service.
The open ticket is 90240816
Currently you're reporting that there's a potential issue with a copper joint. In the background I've been looking at various links in the forums and came across this one:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
When I first moved house, you didn't update my records to reflect the address and phone number change which meant I couldn't start the broadband troubleshooter. This was changed by AW for me and the results are on the ticket. 
However, clicking on the link above still takes me to my old phone number and old exchange which is several miles from my current address....and given that the issues I have are speed related and distance can play a part...see where I'm going with this?
Surely all these things -have- to be consistent?
Can you explain why they're not, and if there are / would be any consequences of them not being?
Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre issues...confused by phone numbers!

Hi KMJ71,
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
I've rectified the details so that your new number and exchange are reflecting on the link you provided. These details being incorrect has no impact on your service or on the investigation of the speed related issues on your line.
KMJ71

....those details didn't, but the fact you'd apparently provisioned the wrong product from the changeover - we spotted it last night ourselves and flagged it! - and all the rest of my details being cockeyed gives me absolutely naff all confidence in many / most of the people I've had to deal with and your internal QC systems.
Thanks to Adam W the problem is now hopefully (finally!) being rectified.....but surely it shouldn't be up to the end user to flag that there's a speed issue - particularly with upload speeds - to be told that the potential copper junction fault had been fixed and my issue resolved..when quite blatantly my account is for 80:20 (it's what you've been charging me for since I upgraded and I know it's available as an independent line check has shown that it's capable of 78:19 ish) and the profile on your own checks implies 40:2. This - yet again - shows that your recording systems / crosschecking are flawed.
The bottom line is that since I put in my home move request this has been a provisioning disaster of the highest order.
After many moments of pestering I'm grateful to AW for stepping in - but he really shouldn't have had to. Creating the right order and making sure the details on an account are correct is a simple process...and is suggestive that the level of training is inadequate. My ticket is a catalogue of errors which should be wholly avoidable. I shouldn't have been getting emails detailing charges that I'd been told had been waived as I'd signed up for a new contract (woohoo for me  Roll_eyes )....but I did....the written confirmation that that email was erroneous never arrived....and, funnily enough, neither did the written confirmation of the compensation we were offered when the cessation change was messed up.
Technical issues are regrettably sometimes unavoidable - I'm well aware of that - as frustrated as it makes me or I guess any other end user....but this isn't really one of those cases.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That's told 'em!  Surprisingly you don't appear to have had a reply from PlusNet staff. I think you have hit the nail on the head, they are making so many basic errors in their provisioning system. Then compounding the situation with incorrect e-mails and inaction, resulting in some more clued up staff member having to sort out the mess. If these mistakes were not made in the first place so much time fighting fires would be saved. I have been wondering whether to complain about my connection ( rural 20CN exchange -  not a particularly good line ) but I suspect I would not get anywhere without a protracted battle. I know BT will do nothing to improve the line and since it is running near the estimate it will be deemed to be within acceptable range, despite the fact that it previously synched at the maximum rate.  Sad
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KMJ71,
I had a word with Adam about this yesterday and it did disappoint me to hear what the issue actually was. I'm sorry that this happened but am glad to hear that Adam was able to resolve it for you.
I'm sorry I didn't dig deeper when you asked why your number and exchange were listed incorrectly on the member centre. As your query was not connected to the fault ticket that you had open I considered the matter that you'd come to me with as resolved. Again, sorry I didn't dig deeper Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi KMJ71,
No worries, I'm glad to be of help.
Kudos to Linn for her part in helping too, I won't go into detail as to why your estimates were appearing incorrectly to us but there was a reason for this which really wasn't immediately visible to any of us. You're definitely right though that customers shouldn't have to point issues out, unfortunately this is one of the times that needed to happen.
I've updated the profile on your account so just drop us a reply here if you see any issues and I'll make sure we're back on the case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KMJ71

Hi Adam, Linn....
Upload appears to be sorted at around 18.5-19Mb...so thanks for that....but I still seem to be getting <40 down....
Just to be absolutely certain can you make sure the my product is Unlimited Fibre Extra rather than just the 'normal' service?Huh
My own profile tells me Plusnet Unlimited Fibre....but cites it as being up to 80Mb down....these two appear inconsistent (again!).
Also, I've still had no confirmation as to the compensation agreement made on Friday 15th wrt the discounted billing?
Thanks.