Did you mean: 

Fibre install

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Fibre install

Quote from: newky
My phone is not with BE

Give them a ring, hopefully it's just an incorrect message from their system...
Is everything still working? If not it's probably a big BT screw-up. Cry
newky
Dabbler

Phone is with the Post Office.
Got it sorted, the guy on the support desk at the Post Office reckons sometimes the phone line and fibre modem cause a conflict or something in the initial sync phase and suggested turning everything off and on again.
Believe it or not it worked :P.
I'd disconnected and reconnected the phone but hadn't done the same with the modem.
My apologies if I seemed to be getting a bit tetchy but I had visions of this going mighty pear shaped, but it's all good now..........................touch wood Smiley

Thanks for the input everyone.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It's beginning to sound like Be's systems don't have appropriate messages or processes to deal with information received at various stages in transfers from them to FTTC.
The message from Be is particularly odd, it presumably should at most have been a "goodbye, we see you've now transferred your broadband elsewhere".
Maybe BT's messages re FTTC transfers aren't in a format they recognise so are being interpreted as a "cease"?  Crazy
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Its BE*. 
They send out incorrect messages about this.  Ive documented this elsewhere because I suspected that lots of other migrates from Be may also be seeing the same thing.
I cant really fault Be's CS....  until you come to leave... then they give out duff info.  Sad
They dont seem to be able to distinguish between  "cessation of the landline" and "cessation of their service on your landline"  regardless or not if a MAC has been used and it should be migration anyway.

newky
Dabbler

If I hadn't got that email I probably would of been more methodical in my steps, but it made me jump to the conclusion it was my line down not just a glitch from the installation.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Same here.  I got exactly the same emails from Be, which also sent me into panic and ringing round between PN/Be/BT trying to find out what was going on.
When I mentioned it on my forums, someone else said they too had had exactly the same thing happen to them too,
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well we're seeing a 22+ hour connection on fibre, must admit I was getting worried when you posted about the phone line dropping but I'm very glad things came back online. The phone transfer is still all good and set to go through on the 6th.
Hope it all goes through smoothly, please keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can help with.
newky
Dabbler

Post Office Home Phone confirmed that date when I asked for their assistance in fixing this.
I'm looking forward to a trouble free changeover as this was really apart from a little electronic gremlin .