cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre engineer not turned up. no comms from Plusnet so copied my ticket here!

vince

Fibre engineer not turned up. no comms from Plusnet so copied my ticket here!

As I have not heard from anyone regarding this, maybe putting my problem here will garner some response from staff!? This is NOT the customer service expected  or as it used to be from Plusnet!
28-01-2014
I waited all day on 24/01/2014 for an engineer to arrive to set-up my fibre connection, no-one turned up. I informed customer services about this on the day, but have heard nothing back either regarding another date to install, compensation (of which I am due £45) or information about how my billing will be arranged as I think have
already started paying for this upgrade?
Would someone get back to me regarding this ASAP please?
31-01-2014 Comment added:
It has now been a week since this appointment was not kept and I have still not been contacted to arrange another
appointment.  This is NOT good customer service. I am beginning to think staying with Plusnet was NOT such a good
idea!
15 REPLIES 15
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre engineer not turned up. no comms from Plusnet so copied my ticket here!

Hi vince, really sorry about that. Unfortunately the agent you talked to raised a closed contact instead of a ticket, so our provisioning team weren't actually informed - I'll make sure that's fed back for you.
As for the appointment, I've just talked to our suppliers and they'll be sending a tentative appointment through hopefully today - soon as we accept that they've agreed to expedite which should hopefully mean an earlier visit, we'll let you know what dates are available when we hear from them. If it's not today I'll raise a ticket to our prov team asking them to chase it over the weekend for you.
KK
Grafter

Re: Fibre engineer not turned up. no comms from Plusnet so copied my ticket here!

Quote from: Matt
Unfortunately the agent you talked to raised a closed contact instead of a ticket, so our provisioning team weren't actually informed

Matt - just out of interest, what has been said to the agent concerned by his/her line manager?  Has s/he been disciplined?  Sent for re-training?
This is precisely the kind of incompetence which customers have to deal with over and over again, and I am sure you have experienced it yourself in your 'real' life...
Organisations like Plusnet are forever trumpeting on about the awards they have received for 'high' levels of Customer Service, but most people's experience is that the overall level of customer service is so low, that the meaning of the word 'high' becomes open to question.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We'll not be publicising any sort of details about training or disciplinary procedures in a forum (or indeed anywhere).
In the agent's defence it's actually an easy mistake to make - a contact has to be left after every call and a contact is raised in the same way a ticket is. I appreciate it was not a good outcome for you though and am sorry about that.
KK
Grafter

In the agent's defence it's actually an easy mistake to make

Matt - mistakes are always easy to make - and you seem to confirm that Plusnet regards them as an acceptable component of 'Customer Service'.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not in the least. Just an inevitable one.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

it's actually an easy mistake to make
In which case it's actually a poorly-designed system and that's what needs fixing.  Cry
KK
Grafter

Not in the least. Just an inevitable one.

Matt - I think you too need some 'retraining'!!!  This is not what a customer wants to hear...
vince

Matt, how will I be contacted to arrange the appointment?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@KK - exactly what are you expecting from us here? If I might ask, please put yourself in the position of being a support agent who made an honest mistake without any ill intention before answering.
@vince - Either one of our provisioning team, or possibly a member of DC will give you a call to arrange a suitable date with you, or the ticket will be updated with available dates and we'll book your preference based on your reply.
KK
Grafter

Matt - you really don’t get it, do you?
About 3 weeks ago, with my BT contract nearing its end, I decided it was time to start investigating the process of bringing my landline over to Plusnet to join the BroadBand which I set up with you 6 months ago.  I was interested in taking out a Line Rental Saver.
I was greeted with the news that I would have to wait in the queue for up to an hour before I could enjoy the privilege of speaking to one of your advisers.  This occurred every time I tried to phone over a period of 2-3days.
Eventually, I discovered the forum, and started making some enquiries.  I even thought that maybe the forum would be a better source of reliable information than the average call centre operative.  But the information which I was getting was worse than useless.
Over the entire period since I joined the forum, there has been a series of two threads, containing a total of nearly 100 posts, asking for clarification about the details of Plusnet’s Line Rental Saver deal.
After three weeks and nearly 100 posts, the issue is still unresolved.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122244.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123040.0.html
Now, in Vince’s thread, you casually report that Vince’s week-long wait for some kind of contact from Plusnet was because - “Unfortunately the agent you talked to raised a closed contact instead of a ticket”.  You then go on to imply that such mistakes are to be expected, and that the call centre operative cannot necessarily be expected to get things right.
Matt - what is your definition of customer service?
James
Grafter

@KK
Matt has now left the company (today was his last day).
I think you are misunderstanding him.  We all acknowledge that someone has made a mistake.  We know that this mistake has impacted Vince, for which we are sorry of and Kate on my team has just given him a ring.
What Matt has been trying to say that, whilst not an acceptable scenario, it is a relatively easy mistake to make.  We've given feedback to the manager in question to have a chat with their advisor, but we can't share the outcome of that discussion I'm afraid.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

James, I think the point people are trying to make is maybe your CRM/Call Logging system needs improvement to prevent your public facing people from making "inevitable" mistakes. It really down to root cause analysis with proactive management action to prevent re-occurrence of unnecessary errors. This would have a plus side for Plus Net of reduced support costs. The good old 5 nines reliability methods about which many management books have been written,
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

AA, that's exactly the point my last comment was making, though rather more briefly.  Wink
James
Grafter

Fully understand that point and I'm not disputing it at all.