cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband order cancelled with no explanation

kferg57

Fibre broadband order cancelled with no explanation

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of help from your 'award winning' service.
25th July I ordered an upgrade from unlimited broadband to fibre bb and phone
28th July I logged on to my account and found a message from Plusnet Support dated 25th July saying "There's been a problem with processing your broadband order.
Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to". (I'm still waiting). Further tickets on my account stated my order had been cancelled (I had received no direct comms informing me of this). I called Cust Services to find out why the order was cancelled and was transferred to provisioning. After waiting on hold for 40 minutes I hung up and left a message on the support ticket asking someone to explain why my order was cancelled (guess what? I'm still waiting for a reply).
31st July used the online chat tool to ask why my order had been cancelled. They were unable to tell me and said someone would be in touch in 48 - 72hrs. I still haven't heard a peep from anyone at PlusNet.
I am totally frustrated and annoyed at not being given any answers. I've been a customer for at least 12 years and have never had a problem. Maybe this is because I've never had to deal with your support teams before. I simply want to know why my order to upgrade my product was cancelled. Come on Plusnet - at least have the courtesy to communicate with your customers!
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre broadband order cancelled with no explanation

I'm just having a look at this for you now.
[EDIT]
The issue seems to be related to your phone number not showing as valid. I'm trying to fix this
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kferg57

That's very surprising indeed, because it ought to be perfectly valid. Appreciate that someone has finally looked into this, but I really shouldn't have needed to post on a forum to get a response. 
If I'd read some of these forum threads before choosing to upgrade I would have thought again. I'm not convinced I want anyone messing with the service that has been problem free until now.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I understand completely however I'm confident we can get this sorted.
The engineer is booked for the 12th between 8am and 1pm. Is that okay?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kferg57

12th is no good I'm afraid. 14th between 8am and 1pm  would be best if that's available.
Thx
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

That's been changed for you to the 14th between 8am and 1pm. Are you ok to keep us updated?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
kferg57

That's great thx. Will keep you posted.