Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Optic Worse Than Adsl

Roadie
Grafter

Re: Fibre Optic Worse Than Adsl

Linn,
All looking good so far, one correction to your comment below though :
"Admittedly, this could've been resolved yesterday when the OP called in the spoke to the advisor so I will be feeding that back internally"
When I spoke to the advisor yesterday, I was calling to say that the engineer had not turned up, at that point the upgrade had not taken place so the guy I spoke to could not resolve the problem, he was going to arrange a call from a supervisor today but he didn't, fortunately for me you picked it up, thanks again  Smiley
AndyH
Grafter

These delayed/incorrect delta reports have been an issue for an eternity. If you had a penny for the number of times PN have had to manually adjust someone's line speed, you would be a millionaire now.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Very true. It's another non-job for the CEO Huh
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Yet another well known issue requiring a tactical solution.  Surely some defensive check could be added to the update process to trap stale updates from BTOR?
Or is there a need to change the process / user expectations?  I recall Chris Pettitt's FTTC documentation stating that running speed tests should be avoided for the first 2-3 days as systems would not have updated.
I guess it's hard to prevent people testing out their brand new shiny FTTC service as soon as it's "out of the box" and being disappointed that it's not as fast as expected.  I guess even setting a default profile on notification of the FTTC installation and rejecting any delta within the first 48 hours which looks silly still has to wait for the BTOR complete notification.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

That's odd to me but why is Chris Pettitt say to me last February when my FTTC was live have to wait for 2 weeks before BTw speedtest to work. But strange, Roadie get his BTw speedtest to work instant with ip profile reading on day one from ADSL to FTTC, mine doesn't until Chris Pettitt fixed it after 16 days.
Very strange behaviour in delta report! Don't understand why some is work, some don't!
Roadie
Grafter

Update on my fibre optic installation, streaming seems to have settled down now and speed tests demonstrate little, if any, peaks and troughs, download speed constantly above 34meg and upload speeds of 7meg plus, very happy bunny.
Have been very happy with Plusnet over the eight years I've been with them, long may it continue  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well, whatever the minor mix-ups on route, at least it's all worked out well and glad you are sorted ok.
At least you were lucky that the BT Openreach engineer turned up to do your install (or was it a subcontractor?).
Roadie
Grafter

Indeed it was a sub contractor, he was two and a half hours late and , how can I put it, bereft of any grace, he'd had a bad day and seemed to think it was my fault !!! Anyway, all's well etc, I'm very pleased, the difference from my "windey up" broadband is night and day  Smiley