cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

Gerv

Re: Feedback

Hi everyone
A quick update on this as promised. The new router arrived yesterday and there was no "fuss" involved in setting it up (I had to run through the set up process manually with a  support chap for the original router as it wouldn't connect to the internet and it was a faff having to enter the usernames and passwords etc manually), I just plugged it in and it connected itself without any issues.
The various laptops / tablets and phones also connected to the wireless network on the first attempt (which wasn't the case with the old router) and I haven't had a dropped connection yet (even on the phone which refused to connect to the original router unless I turned off the router and then turned it back on again).
The slightly odd thing is that all of my devises show a significantly lower signal strength than I was getting with the original router - and whereas the neighbours BT Home Hubs are showing as having 5 bars of signal strength the new Plusnet one is only showing 2 bars of signal strength! However - as bizarre as this seems I haven't had the constant "page can't be displayed" messages, and huge delays in displaying webpages - although I did still experience a great deal of lag when playing online poker on my Android tablet last night (I am going to wait and see whether this may have been the game servers).
Anyway overall the new router is a vast improvement over the original despite the apparent decrease in signal strength. I will see how things go over the next few weeks and report back if there are any further issues but I am particularly grateful to Matty for the way he immediately responded to this and I genuinely have nothing left to whine about. Now if Matty would be good enough to go and take charge of the customer service department at ebay my life would be a bed of roses.
Gerv

I forgot to ask what I should do with the other two technicolor routers I now have. Is there a way I can return them without having to spend a fortune on postage? I think the original one must almost certainly have been faulty in some way but I haven't even broken the cellophane on the box of the other one.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You can ask for a couple of returns bags by raising a ticket on your account or if one of the CRT members spots this thread tomorrow they could sort it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've ordered you a couple of returns bags for you.
Not sure exactly when they'll show up but I'd give it a couple of weeks or so
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gerv

OK Thanks for all your help.  Smiley