cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up - no internet since day 1

fingersuk

Fed up - no internet since day 1

Really fed up not had broadband for 33 days now, be that isn't mainly plus net's fault.
The phone service went live the 24th Jan and broadband was supposed to be the same day as it was a simp provide.  I have sync with the exchange but can't pass PPPoA so im led to believe I am not connected to the right DSLAM port as there's no virtual path information on the card as plusnet cannot see sync there end.
An engineer was booked to come and was a no show. Eventually I was able to convince plusnet that they could sort the issue without an engineer visit, and have been waiting for a frames engineer to resolve this I think via a lift and shift.  I've been over the 72 hours now and still waiting.
All i'm asking is for sometime to take ownership of an issue and follow it through by doing the correct echats with bt to ensure its escalated correctly so it solves the issue but it still seems to be on going.
Please can someone interven plusnet username chrisbond, you have some good guys in the faults team but ownership seems to be an issue.
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fed up - no internet since day 1

Hi fingersuk,
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. It looks as though there's a jumpering issue at your Local Exchange which needs resolving. I can see that my colleague Thomas updated the Fault Ticket yesterday to advise that an engineer is due to investigate and resolve this issue. We would generally expect the engineer to complete the necessary work within 48 working hours.
We'll keep working with our suppliers to resolve the issue as soon as we possibly can. Once the issue has been resolved, I will look to provide you with a good will gesture for the inconvenience this has caused you.
fingersuk

Sorry this doesnt really answer the issue i've spoken to someone today and still not had a call back.  Why hasn't this been raised with the operations center (before they close) or an echat at worst case.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not sure how this doesn't answer your question?
A Frames Task has been raised and we have advised that we will be back in touch with you as soon as we have a further update.
If we eChat this, our suppliers will simply state that the task is still open and to for us to check back in 24 hours (Which is what we will be doing anyway).
The fault is in hand, and we'll be back in touch once we have a further update.
fingersuk

Again this still hasn't been esculated to bt openreach 24 hours and no response even know I called in again.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As per the information we've provided you with on the ticket, our suppliers will be providing us with an update by the end of the day today.
As soon as we have an update, we will be in touch. There is no need to call in, if we have an update we'll be straight in touch.