Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faults trouble shooter to be down

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Faults trouble shooter to be down

I would h\ve thought this received by email about 2.30 p.m, should have been announced on forum. Undecided
Service: Portal
Posted: Thu, Sep 17 2015 at 14:26:44
Subject: Fault troubleshooter maintenance - 19th September 00:01 - 17:00
When's this work happening?
Saturday up till 5pm
What does it affect?
Access to our online faults troubleshooter.
How long will it take?
Around 17 hours
What does the work involve?
Some essential maintenance is being carried out on the back-end systems our online faults troubleshooter depends on.
Am I likely to notice the work?
You won't be able to access our online faults troubleshooter for the duration of the maintenance window and holding pages will be in place.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Our support staff will have no access to some back-end systems for faults and provisioning for the majority of the maintenance window.
Kind regards,
Adam Walker
Customer Relations

Again there seems to be a deterioration in service levels, keeping all users informed.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Faults trouble shooter to be down

I can't remember us ever posting these service status for the faults checker on here, so I'm not sure why you think the service has deteriorated? The service status page is there to cover this type of maintenance at status.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

All you've proved is that you haven't been reading those emails previously.
If you go to http://usertools.plus.net/status/search.php and enter "Fault troubleshooter maintenance" as the search criteria with the and criteria option you'll see it's a regular occurrence.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Luzern
Hero

@spoon whittler.
No I do not use User Tools, but email came from status@servicestatus.plus.com. Therefore your sarcasm is misplaced.
Moreover ISTM that there are many users, who do not subscribe to either User Tools or to service status emails. If there is work to be done,, all should know that an important facility is to be interrupted.
We're not in Animal Farm Land are we? " All Plusnetters are equal, but some are more equal than others".
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I subscribed to the emailed service status announcements on usertools a long time ago (subscribing is here: http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php) and all the emails received via that route are from status@servicestatus.plus.com, so at some time in the past you must have subscribed on the usertools site as that is the only way you can get those emails.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Luzern
Hero

Embarrassed You're right, for give the weakening leetle grey seals cells. But point is, that an event like this one needs to be known of by more than are.