Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault ticket - updating " PN We'll make you wait when you update"

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Fault ticket - updating " PN We'll make you wait when you update"

i know this has been discussed in the past ( a couple of years back i think ) , but i assumed this did not happen any more.
I have just spoke to faults ( re confirmed by cs) and asked why i had not had an update in over 72hrs, i was told because i have added information to the ticket, it gets pushed to the back of the line each time you do this, that's how the system is designed the agent said.
Its a very very bad design and is not a positive experiencing for the customer its a  MASSIVE negative in my opinion and should be changed.
So if a customer adds relevant information to a fault. you get pushed to the back, possibly prolonging a fault and making it harder to fix.
PN how is this providing a good customer service? , it is clearly not fit for purpose, and does not fit with  "we'll do you proud"
Comments welcome.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Fault ticket - updating " PN We'll make you wait when you update"

Totally agree with you Mike, especially since adding more information may well in most cases make it easy for the causes of the fault to be identified, or at any rate make it easier for Plusnet to get a clearer picture of the problem.
I thought someone from Plusnet had said on this forum that it no longer happened, but clearly if it still is happening, then as you say, the system is NOT fit for purpose.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You thought right, I think it was two or three years ago.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think because we constantly and repeatedly complain about the ticketing system,
that it keeps going to the back of the queue as a priority project to be fixed, ?
Cheesy
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

PN meant to be about great products, with great customer service ( according to the adverts , in the main i would agree) , yet they use a system (as above) that totally go's against this, and instead gives the customer a bad experience, and yet still continue to use it, this system does not make any logical sense to me.

PN what is your excuse for still using such a backward system?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: purleigh
Do you think because we constantly and repeatedly complain about the ticketing system,
that it keeps going to the back of the queue as a priority project to be fixed, ?

Brilliant! Grin Grin
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Taken from:
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/about/
Fair and square
We don't keep our customers in the dark, or make things complicated. We talk fairly and clearly in plain English, giving all the details. If we've messed up, we'll be honest and explain what we're doing to fix things, rather than trying to hide stuff.

My bold , yes you do when it comes to the ticketing system. Crazy
Regards
Mike

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Plusnet don't have Priority Problems any more  Crazy
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It is an utterly ridiculous and stupid situation. Plusnet recently increased (that's made worse) their target time for responding to tickets - so the user has more opportunity to notice something that would help Plusnet solve the problem but if they tell Plusnet about it - they lose their place in the queue.
That said, going to the back of the queue is something that would not matter if Plusnet were quicker at answering the tickets and gave more meaningful answers. If they went back to the target turn round time of 4 hours that they had some years back (and achieved it) then this would not matter - but to pretend that any sane individual would design a system that does this is just farcical. Its simply incompetent programming with somebody taking the easy way out instead of devising a professional system. Trouble is that that seems to be true of a lot of Plusnet's "management" software.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Raised a fresh problem on this to see if we can get it moving again - 75064. Fingers crossed.