cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False 'unable to take a payment' notice, or a/c cock-up?

pasheast

False 'unable to take a payment' notice, or a/c cock-up?

Fired up my browser this morning as usual with all the previously opened tabs, and saw this on the plusnet page: 'Sorry to interrupt your browsing but we've been unable to take a payment...' complete with a 'click here' to make payment.  Yeh, right, I thought -- a phishing attempt.  I double-checked my bank account and yes, it had been paid 2 weeks earlier.  So I emailed  support@plus.net with a copy of the suspect webpage asking them to confirm it was a fake.  As many of you no doubt know, when you customer 'support'  you just get an automated response saying that they 'don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen' which is the lamest excuse from a customer support section that I've ever heard.  Anyhow, I then sent to spam@spamtraining.plus.com again asking for comfirmation that it was a fake.  No reply or acknowledgement. 
Examining the webpage notice in more detail, and finding a reference to a pauljw at portal.plus.net I'm now half-convinced that is genuine and a cock-up.  However, I'm blowed if I'm going to waste money on phoning an 0845 number and hanging on forever just for them to confirm that they've messed-up. 
Paul A
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: False 'unable to take a payment' notice, or a/c cock-up?

There is no way you can raise faults with Plusnet via email.
You need to raise a ticket - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22236&wizard_id=38 would be the best place I think.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: False 'unable to take a payment' notice, or a/c cock-up?

pasheast, Let me know if you are still experiencing this please. I've checked your account and cannot see an issue with billing.
However I'm wondering if I perform a dial test (connect to the internet with your login credentials) if I'll see the same thing as you.
In order to do this I'd need to ask you to disconnect for an hour or so, is that feasible for you?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team