cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed fibre upgrade, no Internet

nowayback

Failed fibre upgrade, no Internet

Yet again today an engineer failed to turn up at all to try to restore our Internet connection. After a failed fibre upgrade ten days ago, if it has been a saga of incompetence and missed appointments. Today despite being told we had been escalated to the highest priority and the personal involvement of Plusnet's CEO, Jamie Ford, we were again completely let down. The level of service is appalling and Plusnet clearly have no influence whatsoever over BT Openreach. So far out of five potential visits, not one has happened within the five hour slot booked and two have been complete no-shows with no explanation or warning.  My advice to anyone considering a fibre upgrade from Plusnet at the moment is to read through this forum, realise how much trouble you may be letting yourself in for and find something better to do with your time and money.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Failed fibre upgrade, no Internet

As I've been following this issue since you first brought this to our attention via twitter and I'm gutted to see that another appointment has been missed.
Unfortunately we've not been able to warn you prior to these visits that they'd be missed but we certainly will be investigating exactly what's been happening here and would like to assure you that we view this as totally unacceptable.
This is in the hands of our complaints team who I've just spoken to and I'm convinced that they are doing what they can to deal with this situation for you and we're extremely sorry to see that this is still causing issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DelphGeek
Grafter

Hello nowayback and welcome to the wonderful world of privatisation where the only people that B.T need to worry about are the shareholders.
The direct connection between B.T/Openreach/Plusnet worries many on these forums. Incest. Immoral. Illegal?
Guess we all have our own thoughts on that.
May I suggest that keeping your forum posts updated appears to be a positive way of ensuring some action. No company likes negative publicity so keep your posts bubbling.
I have been waiting for 77 days so far most of which has been without any form of broadband. The people at Plusnet have in the main been helpful but I have also encountered direct lies, false truths and a mass of misinformation until recently from this subsidiary of B.T. Our internet speed today is down again, this time around 33k.
We have also met both good and bad Openreach engineers (when they actually turn up) but internal communication at Openreach appears to be dire in the extreme.
May I wish you luck and don't forget Plusnets difficult to find complaints procedure might help too.
Keep the post updated and best wishes nowayback.
DelphGeek and family.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: DelphGeek
The direct connection between B.T/Openreach/Plusnet worries many on these forums. Incest. Immoral. Illegal?

It's not just PN, it's any ISP that uses the BT network that are at the mercy of OR, so that's most. The most obvious exception to that is Virgin.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'