cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*FUMING* After 3 week wait, my fibre was due to go live today...

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: *FUMING* After 3 week wait, my fibre was due to go live today...

I'm a little alarmed by the problems you've experienced here. I would have expected to happen exactly what Jelv said.
The issue is still open with prov though, and they'll continue to chase it. The port issue is alarming though and can take time to sort. It's not something that we can expedite as we could only look at that once a spare port is actually available.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
djspang
Dabbler

Tony, when I spoke to an adviser,  Samantha, yesterday, she suggested that there may be a possibility of having normal broadband switched on, on my Plusnet phone line until my fibre gets sorted out.
I have had no internet for weeks now. Could this option be looked into? Much as I am loathe to return to BT, I tested their system today, and went through all the steps of ordering fibre from them (without finalising it and paying at checkout), apparently they can do it,  no problem. So what should I do? I WANT to stay with Plusnet, I DON'T want to return to BT, but I want/need fibre broadband for both work and personal use.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Sadly, I don't think this will work unless we cancel the fibre order which may make things worse for you. If you want us to risk it though, we'll give it a try then at least you'll have some service.
We'd need you to comment on the open ticket on your account so we can look into this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Tony, you might like to tell him how he is supposed to find the ticket or post a direct link to it!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
djspang
Dabbler

UNBELIEVABLE! So I go to cancel this (as suggested by Plusnet, above, after a disastrous attempt at customer service) - and they now want £90.95 for my early cancellation!! After they NEVER
Trip to Trading Standards (work on same floor as me at East Sussex County Council) in the morning then. Your as bad as BT. Awful, Unprofessional service.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet did not suggest that you cancel - they have offered to cancel the order they have placed with BT for FTTC.  Not the same thing...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Did you add a comment to your open ticket as Tony asked you to do? I would have expected that to be confirmation you were happy to take the delay risk if the FTTC order needs to be cancelled.
David
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi djspang, apologies for any confusion previously around the talk of cancelling orders.
I can see that an ADSL order has been placed since your previous post and seems to be progressing fine as per the ticket on your account.
Hope it all goes well for you.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
djspang
Dabbler

Thank you Hayley - would that be the ADSL order that would DEFINITELY go live, by midnight, YESTERDAY, 22nd April, by any chance?
I spoke to 2 advisors yesterday - the first (DavidH) said to me at 11am that he has progressed my go-live time to 11.30am (i.e. 30 minutes) - it never happened.
I called again, spoke to a nice lady, as I was concerned that DavidH wasn't even aware that my Fibre go live is now set up for 13th May. This advisor agreed with David that no such undertaking was showing on my account. I asked her to look more carefully, and eventaully she found it. I asked her to send me confirmation, as I am just getting tired of speaking to people who either don't communicate with each other, or know what is going on. I have pasted the details she sent me below. In addition to this, I asked her about my PROMISED ADSL order - she said that DavidH shouldn't have advised me that it would go live in 30 mins - as it can take up to midnight.
Guess what? I stayed up to midnight - waiting for the go-live text that Gina guaranteed me. It is now 08.35 AFTER that midnight deadline - STILL no internet - - it has now been a month since Plusnet first offered me fibre, and I STILL have NO internet of any sort (from Plusnet)

Question #10139584
[removed] - CSC Analyst
1:11pm, Thursday 16 Apr 2015
Dear Mr ,
Hello there your order for normal ADSL broadband will go live next Wednesday up to midnight and on the 13th of May we will do an order to change the connection back to fibre for you.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) removed csa name as per Forum Rules

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The order for ADSL is showing as complete, so assuming you have an ADSL router you should be able to set that up and get online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
djspang
Dabbler

Well perhaps you should check closer - I have been on phone for over an hour - passed from pillar to post from customer support to tech support to customer support (Mudassar - who said the same thing and kindly got me to test - unsuccessfully - excellent service skills though - pleasure dealing with him, regardless of outcome) - now dealing with David from Tech Support (who is actually taking me seriously), and he has just found a fault on the line, that nobody else did - still on hold whilst he tries to get this sorted with BT
djspang
Dabbler

THIS IS STILL NOT RECTIFIED AFTER 4 MONTHS - NOBODY AT PLUSNET IS TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY - JUST EMPTY PROMISES

link:csa removed - CSC Analyst
10:25am, Thursday 23 Apr 2015
Dear Mr S
Can we please organise a self install for this customer and ensure modem is posted out. Customer already has a fibre socket as he has had BT fibre previously and is an IT technician so he is confident performing the self install.
Kind regards,
[removed]
--------------------------------------

1:45pm, Tuesday 5 May 2015
Dear Mr S
I will escalate this ticket to the correct team.
Kind regards,
[removed]
-------

1:48pm, Tuesday 5 May 2015

Dear Mr S
I checked for fibre availability at your local cabinet to try and place an order for you, however the activation date for the service is currently shown as 13/5/15 so I will place your ticket on hold to await this. Thank you for your patience.
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 13th May at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
--------

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:05am, Wednesday 13 May 2015
Question [ 102924441 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

11:13am, Wednesday 13 May 2015
Dear Mr S,
I checked for fibre availability at your local cabinet to try and place an order for you, however the activation date for the service is currently shown as 10/06/15 so I will place your ticket on hold to await this. Thank you for your patience.
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 10th June at 9:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]
[Sms Message: I checked for fibre availability at your local cabinet to try and place an order for you, however the activation date for the service is currently shown as 10/06/15 so I will place your ticket on hold to await this. Thank you for your patience.]

Your Response
11:17am, Wednesday 13 May 2015
The Question 102924441 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - FTTC Provides
(Received via text message) But it was 13th May, and my ticket was on hold for this date! So what happens when you get to 10th June and the same thing happens?

[removed] - CSC Analyst
8:46pm, Monday 18 May 2015
Dear Mr S
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do if that was happen again. The lines are owned by our suppliers are if they have hit a delay is activating fibre within your area we can only go by what they advise. Sorry for the delay.
This Question is now on hold until Monday 25th May at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]

7:06am, Monday 25 May 2015
Question [ 102924441 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

1:51pm, Tuesday 26 May 2015
Dear Mr S,
I am sorry to report that it looks like there is still no date for the upgrade of the cabinet for fibre.
As soon as this is viable we will contact you to discuss the options going forward.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 2nd July at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]

7:05am, Thursday 2 Jul 2015

[removed] - CSC Analyst
2:55pm, Thursday 2 Jul 2015
Dear Mr S,
Good afternoon.
On checking for fibre availability it is showing a ready date of 08-09-2015. We will contact you closer to the time to arrange your appointment.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Support services are available here http://www.plus.net/support, and our community pages can be found at http://community.plus.net.
You can also use our new tool called Plusnet Assist which is available here: http://www.plus.net/assist.
This Question is now on hold until Saturday 1st August at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[removed]

Your Response
1:49pm, Friday 3 Jul 2015
The Question 102924441 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - FTTC Provides
Absolutely ridiculous - I joined PlusNet with promise of Superfast Fibre Broadband 3 or 4 months ago - every month I get given a new date - every month it gets put further and further behind.
Now you are suggesting September?
Awful Awful service. If you look through my question history you will see how unprofessionally and inadequately I have been treated by PlusNet. I expect somebody from customer services to get in touch with me to discuss the way forward from here - possibly a no-fee cancellation of my PlusNet account.
I work for East Sussex County Council, on the same floor as Trading Standards. If I do NOT get a satisfactory response ASAP I shall consult them to see what actions I can take. The Telecommunications Ombudsman Service/OFCOM springs to mind too, as well as publicising the shoddy service on the Public websites I manage.

[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) removed CSA names as per Forum Rules
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear about the delays you've had.
As daft as it sounds it is now showing fibre as available and I'm getting a order placed right now.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
djspang
Dabbler

Matthew, you'll excuse me for not being over enthusiastic about your reply. Please keep me updated and advised of time frame we are talking about here.
Having been promised time and again by advisors, I'll wait to see results before I count this a satisfactory response.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

That's understandable.
I've placed the order and I'm just awaiting a appointment date.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team