Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Install Problem

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: FTTC Install Problem

Hi, Your Broadband is Active but you can't connect to it. This means when the engineer comes the DSL light on the modem will turn green immediatley.  Also Plusnet have no control over BTOR so they are unable to provide the very latest info on your engineer's visit.
dick:quote
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

emteec,
I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered so far, I've read through the history of this issue and will do my best to answer those questions for you:
Why was I not advised first thing on the morning of Thursday 25/10 that BT had cancelled by appointment?

I can see from the notes on ticket  61343861 you did make us aware that o2 would be "barring" your line on the 25th. However I don't believe we would have had any awareness of this causing an issue with the order until the date of the installation.
How long before you review the call recordings of the 25/10 to hear what your telephone call centre advised me?

It's not possible to say, we are looking into an issue that's so far preventing us from listening to those recordings but rest assured we will do that as soon as we're able to and we will keep you posted about that.
Why does my account state that my Broadband with Plusnet is now ready to use?

The account became active due to an automated process because we were fully expecting it to become active on the 25th. Sorry if you feel that's misleading or inappropriate.
Any chance of you showing some kind of urgency in investigating your poor service?

I'm sorry if you feel that urgency hasn't been applied so far, it's certainly not the impression we'd like you to have. I can see from ticket  61483474 that we're awaiting the reply from the back of an escalation request referenced to on ticket 61525952.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emteec
Dabbler

Plusnet are unable to locate the recordings of my telephone conversations with them.
How convenient!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And full; of platitudes it would seem.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: emteec
Plusnet are unable to locate the recordings of my telephone conversations with them.
How convenient!

Actually there's been some work on their phone system which was notified by service status postings between then and now, including relocating servers so I wouldn't read anything sinister in to them having trouble locating the recording.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@emteec
Yes, being realistic we may never be able to trace those particular calls from the 25th I'm afraid. We're working to fix the issues with call recording at the moment.
Just to confirm everything is still lined up for an appointment on the 9th for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
emteec
Dabbler

Even though a BT engineer has yet to visit to connect my Plusnet Fibre Broadband; the line is apparently registered with BT as having Broadband provided by Plusnet.  So my existing Broadband provider is unable to provide any service.
What a complete shambles!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately when an order is placed on a line that's the usual behaviour - if it was O2 who had placed an order on the line we wouldn't be able to place any orders or raise any faults. I hope everything gets sorted out on the 9th for you and am sorry for how this has all gone so far.
emteec
Dabbler

Have previously wasted a day waiting for a BT engineer to arrive when BT had cancelled the appointment first thing that day.
I trust Plusnet will closely monitor my BT appointment tomorrow to ensure that I am advised as soon as any cancellation/delays occur?
I know that BT are apparently poor at keeping you advised, but all the more reason for Plusnet to be proactive.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just checked now and the appointment slot is definitely confirmed for tomorrow morning between 8am and 1pm, but will check again tomorrow for you when I get into the office to make sure it's still going ahead. Please do keep us posted.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@emteec
Did you get your old phone number transferred eventually after your line had been activated with a new number (with Plusnet I assume), or did you not want it?
emteec
Dabbler

@Anotherone
Didn't know it was possible to get my old number back.
I've given out my new number now, but thanks anyway.