cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor service & rip off

danylenko

Extremely poor service & rip off

I am re-posting my email here, because it bounced off plusnet email which automatically replied saying that plusnet does not accept emails and when I called another telephone number (24-hour service) 0800 432 0200, no one picked up the phone either.
Dear Sir/Madame,

Please treat this message as a formal complaint.
Please acknowledge its receipt.
Please advise the deadline of your response.
Please also advise next steps to escalate this matter in case I am not satisfied with your response.
I changed my bank details for direct debit on 10 July 2015. You acknowledged it and advised me:
"you don't need to do anything and we'll process your Direct Debit as normal. ....
Please remember that your Direct Debit can take up to 5 working days to process before it becomes active. During this time your payments may continue to be taken from debit or credit cards that you have associated with your account."
You never mentioned any problem. You explicitly said that you would use the old bank details in the meantime. Please see your full reply attached to this email.
However, on 12 July 2015 you sent me an SMS saying that you cannot take the payment. Later on the same day, you stopped my internet. When I tried calling you I had to spend on the telephone line number 08451400104 about 22 minutes, but you did not pick up the phone. When I tried to pay online, you wanted to charge me GBP 14.49 instead of the usual GBP 12.99.
In the end, I had to submit to your blackmail and paid online GBP 14.49.
Summarising, I am awaiting a formal explanation of your blunders.
I am also awaiting reimbursement of your extra charge of GBP 14.49 - GBP 12.99 = GBP 1.50.
Also, please reimburse me for the cost of the call on the 08451400104 line for 20 minutes.
Please also reimburse me GBP 100 for my inconvenience.

Faithfully yours,

danylenko
2 REPLIES 2
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Extremely poor service & rip off

Hi and welcome to the PN Forum
The Complaints Code of Practice is here
The link to raise a complaint is here.  Note that the turn round time for complaints is currently about a week!
The length of time is takes Plusnet to sort out Direct Debit changes has been a sore point for a long time.  It actually seems to take around 10 days for the billing system to deal with such a change and it has been suggested before that they ought to warn of this during the change of details process.  Amazingly adding this simple text to an existing webpage seems to be too difficult...
Someone from Plusnet will no doubt pick this up in the morning and they do have a history of refunding the £1.50 fee so you won't be out of pocket.  Best of luck with the claim for £100 though - I'd confidently predict that you won't get far with that claim Wink
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Extremely poor service & rip off

Hi there,
I'll get that £1.50 refunded for you, and sent back to your bank. Apologies for the experience you have had. It is not really my place to comment on your request for £100, but I pwatson has kindly advised where to raise the complaint. It's probably better to deal with it there, than on a public forum.
Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet