cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone has fibre optic but me! :(

StephenF
Grafter

Everyone has fibre optic but me! :(

I'm posting because everyone in Withernsea but myself can get fibre optic and i can't because i'm with you guys! now this is not a bad thing because i love Plusnet and i'm trying to be loyal and tell my friends and family they are idiots for going with kc/bt/talk talk, but i can't help but feel jealous that they have fibre optic for much much cheaper than im paying for my 8mb/s connection 0.7mb/s upload (£25 a month) when they are paying £15 and get 20mb/s download and 1mb/s upload with all their phone calls inclusive.
Now i know that plusnet are worth what i pay because they always give me awesome speeds and dedication but i still feel like missing out on the value/price and speed of fibre optic broadband :((
Is there any plans for plusnet to provide fibre optic service in Withernsea?Huh
6 REPLIES 6
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Everyone has fibre optic but me! :(

Your exchange only has 20CN up to 8mb service available.
See Sam Knows.
StephenF
Grafter

that can't be right because i know for a fact my dad lives down the road from me, literally about 20 feet away and is on fibre optic 20mb/s download with talk talk. my grandparents are too, they live at the other end of town
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

It isn't fibre, though. TalkTalk are listed as being a provider at the exchange, in which case it will be the LLU ADSL2+ up to 20Mb service, where TalkTalk provide their own kit at the exchange.
As things stand you are only able to get up to 8Mb with any BTwholesale service provider, such as PlusNet - the only way to get a faster connection would be to sign up with TalkTalk.
Frying pan, meet fire...  Lips_are_sealed
TheIslander
Grafter

You can get more information on where it is available on this site. Link Below.
http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/where-and-when/
scootie
Grafter

wonder if talk talk used fiber optic in the sales talk when signing the dad up, i have heard story's of them telling  big porkies like that.
TheIslander
Grafter

There are tuns of complaints of Talk Talk sales and retention staff not telling the truth.
I had one call me whilst I was out of contract with them telling me that if I didn't renew they would fix the line if there was a problem. Well that is part of the reason I switched to Plus Net.