Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalation beyond "48-72 hours"?

MinusNet
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Escalation beyond "48-72 hours"?

I have been a happy Plusnet customer for over 3 years, but am now becoming frustrated having been minus plusnet for 16 days. Reading a few threads on this forum has not helped either  Sad
After a week of trying different routers and exercising the BT test socket, a week ago I was advised that my fault "has been raised to our supplier. Please note that they can take between 48-72 hours to provide a response". On chasing today I have been given the same feedback - again raised with supplier, again "between 48-72 hours to provide a response".
I can see no route into BT Openreach to harass them for progress. They are keen to direct all enquiries back to "your Communications provider".
Can anyone offer a means to escalate, somewhere below writing to Chief Execs of both companies & Ofcom? One would fondly imagine some form of ticket tracking in Plusnet to identify faults outstanding with their supplier for more than 72 hours and to manage them for their customers, but nothing seems to happen unless I phone Plusnet. Is there an escalation procedure defined in an obscure corner of the web site, describing how Plusnet manage a fault? If there was some evidence that someone was aware of (lack of) progress and was chasing BT then I may be able to relax.
Thanks - Dave
4 REPLIES 4
Mand
Grafter

Re: Escalation beyond "48-72 hours"?

Hi there,
We can escalate issues with fault repair to the necessary departments at BT Wholesale. If there is no notable update within 72 hours I'd be happy to call and shout at some people for you. Cheesy
MinusNet
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks Mand
I admit to feeling a little guilty since, having hung up the ancient modem device and listened to a voice mail from one of your colleagues, it does appear that progress is being made.
However, I was first told it was being referred to your supplier last Monday, 22nd February, and "Please note that they can take between 48-72 hours to provide a response. We will monitor this and update you ASAP". In the last 7 days I saw no sign of anyone monitoring, and nobody updating ASAP, and neither anyone "happy to call and shout at some people". Nothing seemed to happen at all besides me leaving my own update on the incident until I phoned again today.
Last week my own euipment / wiring was under suspicion, despite testing with three different routers and three different filters (including new of each) in the BT test socket. This week the fault seems to have shot down the line to the exchange where a port needs to be changed. I have been warned that this could take 3 to 4 days. I therefore expect that, by Friday, either it will again be working, or you will have called BT and shouted at some people before I feel I have to chase again myself !
Hopefully I will have to eat my community login by Friday  Roll_eyes
Dave
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Mand will make sure this gets resolved as quickly as possible for you.
Hopefully I will have to eat my community login by Friday

You can change the display name part in your profile Wink Just look under 'Account Related Settings'.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mand
Grafter

I got one of our faults guys to do some shouting today on your behalf, we should have some movement shortly. Smiley