cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough is Enough Mr. Vollmer

magiceye

Enough is Enough Mr. Vollmer

Just like to add to this thread, I to am completely fed up to the high teeth with excuses and blame being put on me from Plusnet, who I recently joined through recomendation as a very good Broadband ISP, WHEN? not in my time, I have only joined BB less than a month after 10years plus on dialup.
I have as constantly requested, tested many times the sockets, the main socket, router, unplugged everything, it goes on, but never a resolve, just reversing the fault back to me and my home wiring.
This weekend PN got BT to test the line from the exchange and BT came back I have been informed with no problem at the exchange and a good clear report! Armed with that Plusnet now want me to speculate £144+VAT to get an engineer to check again at the house?? This morning through myself not PN I had BT check the complete line, exchange to pc. the report, NO Jitter, NO packets lost, ping GOOD, basically they gave the line "A" status, capable of 3 meg line speed, realisticaly 2.5 stable. Phoning to impart this revalation of knowledge to tech help today, I was once again told to go through the tests at my end, its not PNs fault, then I must admit I lost it a bit, and had a blast at the guy on the other end of the phone, BUT GET THIS  the best they could do is say put it on your ticket and let the tech team (who was I speaking to then ) deal with it.
Enough is enough, I want my MAC code please, O2 has got to be a better option than this outfit.
The CEO has now acknowledged it they have problems??? Tech team have the Balls to be truthfull and regain some integrity in the business and give the customers what they actually pay for, some of your salary must go toward what in the days of honesty used to be called,  SERVICE.
Mr. Vollmer if you mean what you have said on the updates and its a bit more than ticking a box in the customer service stakes and you want really to get back on track, kick in here and roll some heads, its needed, that is indeed if you are following the threads and can partake of constructive critism,
After over ten years with PN through the dailup days when they were really good, and I was getting faster speeds then than I am getting on Broadband now,
I cant take these stalling tactics any more I am off elsewhere
14 REPLIES 14
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Enough is Enough Mr. Vollmer

get of your high horse and post a few results here, http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/, BT test http://www.speedtester.bt.com/  your profile https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed  and your router stats, we have a lot of people on here who can advise you
magiceye

HMMM
devdyer26
Dabbler

Magiceye
I'm struggling to read what you had typed, it's all over the place. No offence
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
@Magiceye Pierre is not a staff member and has no access to ticket or account information.
In the interest of those who will try and help you on these forums could you post your stats that have been suggested please, that is if you want help?
I assume we can keep it civil now, otherwise this thread will be locked.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

First of all, Pierre isn't a member of staff, he's a customer just like yourself. The information he's asked you for is useful and would be good to see for other forum members who may be able to offer you advice.
The network issues Anthony Vollmer posted about have *nothing* to do with your current issues.
Your line is connecting to the exchange at a slow speed, therefore the IP Profile for your line has set low which means you won't see higher speeds until your line connects at a higher speed to the exchange.
The £144+VAT charge is something we need to mention, however if you've been through all the tests we asked then it's extremely unlikely this will ever be charged to you. To fix your fault the next step is to get an engineer out but we need your permission, and timeslots to do so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thisoldman
Grafter

I have just used the  mybroadbandspped.co.uk test and it reported i was getting 4753.. This is absolute rubbish as my exchange has a max of 4mb. So who is kidding who.  Broadbandspedchecker.co.uk reports 2954.Thats more like it. Surely Pn should only recommend reliable  speed testers?
Chris
Legend

Every speed tester I've used can generate spurious results now and then. Your line profile is actually 5000, which means I'd expect throughput on a speedtester to be around 4500 for your line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thisoldman
Grafter

Thank you chris for your response. As a non geek iv just asked bt and my local exchange what spped i should expect and i told them what you have just posted.
They laughed.
They said as the exchange has a max of 4mb and as you live 1.5 miles from exchange you should expect a max of 3.4 mb.Your broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk is showing 3245 which in our view is pretty accurate.
None of my neighbours have ever got more than 3485.  So I stick with my assertion that mybroadbandspped is a load of waffle.
scootie
Grafter

be better spilting you off to another thread to stop the 2 problems getting confused. do not listen to what BTw give you as est.
please grab your line stats, an attention firure and snr/noise margin figrue will give much better guide to what your line can sync at and what throughput you should see
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
once you have these input them here and this will work out what you should see syncing at the default noise margin of 6db http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php
as a PN staffer has looked at your PN profile and thats 5000 you must of synced higher than 5696 to get that profile http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php
EDIT. and that has been confirmed below your syncing at 5792kbps
Chris
Legend

Your line is connecting *higher* than 4Mb at the moment. In fact you're currently connected at 5792 to the exchange.
There is no such thing as an 'exchange maximum' in the respect that BT have advised you, the only limit if the technology and that's up to 8Mb for your line.
You have a very good quality line for the distance from the exchange which is why you are connecting higher than the *estimate* for your line.

Lurker
Grafter

I'm intrigued as to what kit BT have at your exchange which limits it to supplying a 4Mb service though. The limits are either 0.5Mb, 1Mb, 2Mb or "Up to 8Mb" or "Up to 20Mb"
Assuming it's an 'Up to 8Mb" service (based upon what you've already said), then you have clearly been misled (or you are trying to mislead people here.)
Or course, I could be wrong - how about you rise to the challenge and tell us which exchange you are on - then we can all see what products/services are available.
If you are feeling really brave, you could post the stats requested repeatedly, and perhaps somebody could try to solve your issue.
Of course, if it suits you better to complain about how bad the service is, and how nobody will help you, whilst ignoring people helping you, that is your choice.
scootie
Grafter

james_G remember there is 2 users in this thread reporting two diffrent issues  Wink the 2nd one didnt belive the speed test reults as they was higher than what a phone call to bt said they could get
thisoldman
Grafter

Thank you all for clarifications. Speed is not an issue for me  nor is the quality of Pn service.
I admit i did not ask my neighbours who are all with different isps what speedtest they were using.Nevertheless it seems strange that these so called speed tests are so inaccurate.These testers must drive the Pn staff  mad.(lol)
So im my shame im off to join the samaritans for some broadband speed counselling.
Mark
Grafter

Hi magiceye.
I'm not sure if you're still following this thread or not but I'm sorry to hear that your having problems however lets work together and we'll get them sorted.
Firstly the recent network issues which some customers experienced are totally unrelated to the problem you're experiencing.
As Chris has mentioned earlier in the thread, you have a line fault which is restricting your speed. This fault exists somewhere between your router and the telephone exchange. I'm not sure who told you your line was fine but we are your broadband provider and it is only us who can progress an ADSL fault for you. If BT Retail are your voice provider then they can certainly report on the condition of the voice side of your service but they cannot test the ADSL element and it is here where you have the problem.
So the initial checks by us and BT Wholesale have not found a fault, yet. That doesnt mean one doesnt exist. It just hasnt been identified yet using the tests and checks which have so far been deployed. The fault now needs to move to an engineer visit. We absolutely have to warn customers of the potential to be charged if the problem is found not to exist on BT maintained equipment.. If you have carried out all of the checks and tests asked of you by our faults team then you have nothing to worry about. You have demonstrated that the fault does not lay with your equipment or internal wiring.
Stick with this process, we will get the fault identified and repaired. The problem which currently exists is not anything caused by an ISP. If you move it's likely that the fault will move with you and you'll have to start all over again from scratch.
I'd ask that you work with us and get this resolved. Your problem is absolutely not caused by the recent network issues and together we'll identify it and fix it. In addition the community here has a great number of wise and knowledgeble members who are customers just like you. They will also be willing to help diagnose and explain the current problem.
I look forward to this getting sorted quickly for you and it would be good to see you back involved with this thread and keeping all of us updated with progress and developments.
Mark