cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enjoying my experience so far, but I have a small request.

s0l1dsnak3123

Enjoying my experience so far, but I have a small request.

Hi there plusnet,
Having moved from ADSL24, I'm happy to say plusnet is really good! I have a small request, however, coming from my previous experience with ADSL24:
Could you add an option for you to email me with my usage data when I am close to my limit? That way I can ensure I don't go over it? I'm a pro customer, so its quite easy to go a bit mental with my new, speedy connection  Crazy It was one of my favourite features of my old ISP.
Ps, I'm a professional web developer, so if there's any issue with not wanting to/not being able to pay for it, I'm willing to volunteer to do it for nada - how nice is that? Wink
Thanks,
John.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Enjoying my experience so far, but I have a small request.

You get an automatic warning as you are approaching your limit - I think (but am not certain) it kicks in at 80% of your usage limit
I get them quite frequently near the end of the billing month
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the Forums
You can always check what your usage is  via View my Broadband usage -  link at bottom left of this page
this will show you your daily and monthly peak and off peak (Free) usage
s0l1dsnak3123

Quote from: Oldjim
You get an automatic warning as you are approaching your limit - I think (but am not certain) it kicks in at 80% of your usage limit
I get them quite frequently near the end of the billing month

Great! So that means I don't actually need to enable them because they are emailed automatically?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

correct
s0l1dsnak3123

Great, thanks for the info guys Smiley
jim:quote
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked your account and you'll automatically get emails after 80% of your usage to your Gmail address and View My Broadband Usage is accurate to around two hours so you can check this any time.
Dom
Grafter

Can I suggest to the OP that they add their opinion about the 20Gb cap on the Pro package to this thread?
In some ways I can understand there being a monthly cap, but as speeds increase it seems more and more stupid to have a monthly limit. If limits don't increase alongside the increase in line speeds as time goes on, then it's pointless having the increase in speed in the first place.
It drives me nuts to see speeds "up to 20Mbps" but to see a monthly cap as well. That's like saying, "you can only really visit a few websites each day.......... BUT YOU CAN DO IT REALLY QUICKLY!!!!"