cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show on two occasions – now order ‘stuck’ for seven calendar days

FirestarterUKUK

Engineer no show on two occasions – now order ‘stuck’ for seven calendar days

I'd like to share a story on how Plusnet treats its new customers.
I took a day off work on Wednesday 17th June to enable a fibre installation between 1300-1800. An email was received that morning confirming the engineer would visit as promised. At 6pm, I queued for 20 minutes on the phone to speak to an advisor. He apologised profusely and promised an engineer would attend the following afternoon. No further communication was received, but the engineer did not attend on the second occasion. Another 20 minutes on hold, but unfortunately I got through a rather unhelpful associate who declined to contact BTOS or put me through to a manager as I’d requested.
I’ve now heard that  ‘my order is stuck’ for seven calendar days/five working days. Who knows how long it would take between getting this resolved and obtaining a new installation date. No confidence of course that BTOS would or would not attend this timeslot as they’ve already let me down on two previous occasions.
As Plusnet decline to discuss compensation outside of refunding the regular monthly bill  pro-rata, which is already free through an introductory offer, I feel I am entitled to cancel my order completely and move to a more competent competitor. I also feel that Plusnet should refund me for the annual leave I’ve had to take so far in vain. I’ve completed the online complaint section of Plusnet’s website on Friday and am waiting for an acknowledgement/response.
What are readers experience of cancelling orders with similar circumstances?
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer no show on two occasions – now order ‘stuck’ for seven calendar days

You may find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights helpful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Engineer no show on two occasions – now order ‘stuck’ for seven calendar days

Hi @FirestarterUKUK
I'm really sorry about the delays and issues you've encountered here.
I've taken some time to look into this and can see that our intentions are to expedite the broadband order (which usually takes just a few days), however a system issue with our suppliers is preventing us from doing this.
At present our supplier team are waiting for this to be fixed via a process called a "bridge case".
It looks like you may have decided to cancel, however if you like I would appreciate the chance to be able to take ownership of this for you, cancel the existing order and follow a different process to get that expedited.
As this involves changes to orders on your line I'd need to speak with you first, I've just tried to call but feel free to drop us a reply here if there's a good time for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team