Did you mean: 

Engineer didn't show, very unhappy...

Afran
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Engineer didn't show, very unhappy...

Hi,
Where to start...
Well, I've been with plusnet for several years now, given the service has been very good in the past with only minor faults and I've even recommended plusnet to friends and family I wished to stay with them, anyhow with fibre finally being available in our area I made an order for fibre on the 9th April - went through all the usual details and arranged for the bt openreach engineer to come today (20th April), interestingly enough the order was placed with the same guy who took my brother's order just 30 minutes after his order and his fibre has been installed today without issues (also note that he lives within a mile of me, I find it strange the same engineer didn't visit here)
Anyway, the engineer was booked to come today between 1-6PM, of which I have an e-mail confirmation for; as he did not show up I rang customer support.
Now first off, I realise mistakes happen but as a result I've ended up waiting in all day, taking time off work and cancelling social plans waiting for said engineer to arrive, to then have to talk to several people and explain the situation multiple times whilst being passed around various departments just to be sent back where I started, where I was told yet again that the supplier has listed the work as complete with a note that the modem's missing and that it'd be arranged for the modem to be sent to me... at which point I stopped him and explained (yet again) that the engineer has not come at all, no work has been carried out whatsoever
I first spoke to a woman who said that the work is showing as "complete", she transferred me to technical support as "they're the ones who are able to assist me further," I get through to a guy there and he basically within 10 seconds says "Nope can't help, transferring you to who can", this basically reset myself ringing and I had to wait yet another 20 minutes before being put back to customer support..? The guy who picks up can see his colleague had transferred me to the right place and found ti odd I was transferred back to them, he had a friend who worked in that depeartment so put me on hold while they discussed it, 10 minutes later he explains that the work is complete and all I'm missing is the modem so they'll get that sent out, I explain that the engineer has not come AT ALL, no work has been done whatsoever so the engineer is clearly lieing if he's noted the work as complete aside from a missing modem.
After discussing this further,  we arrange for another engineer to come on the 22nd of April (Wednesday), an hour later he e-mails me apologising for the delay but states it's not going to be possible to fix this on the Wednesday and instead a new appointment has been made which will be confirmed within 48 hours and this could take a few more weeks.
He says it's due to the order being incorrectly placed, something about how it was just for my ADSL to be upgraded to reach faster speeds, yet I have the confirmation of the fibre order and confirmation of the engineer coming to install, specifically, fibre on today's date during that alloted time... and as I previously stated, they said the engineer had reported doing the work! Why would they have a report stating the work has been completed if the engineer wasn't booked in the first place?
After this stressful day I've now had to write up this long message in order to point our mistakes made by plusnet and seemingly BTOR and it's absolutely ridiculous that it's going to take up to 48 hours to even BOOK the next appointment as a result of this mix up. I'm very disatisffied with the service and I do not feel it's unreasonable for me to request that it's sorted out during this week.
For reference:
Email ref: E0291 - defining new call plan
Email ref: E0089 - Fibre installation appointment
102795102 - Question number opened stating order is incorrect
Afran / Greg
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Engineer didn't show, very unhappy...

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.
I'm looking into this for you to see what's happened and what we can do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Afran
Rising Star

Appreciate you doing that, Matthew.
Any update at this point?
Afran
Rising Star

Well, it's been even longer than the 48 hours determined to book another appointment and I've heard nothing from you or anyone else in the past three days, I'm extremely dissatisfied with this. I have already explained all of what's occured and asked for a faster resolution than what was offered as a result, being the 24-48 hour timelime yet we're at the 72 hour mark here and nothing has happened.
I'd really like to see this resolved and my order fulfilled shortly otherwise I feel the standards of plusnet have fallen short and I may unfortunately have to look elsewhere.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry for the delay.
Our provisioning team have managed to get a appointment for Monday morning between 8am and 1pm.
Let us know if that needs changing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Afran
Rising Star

Hi Matthew,
Could you adjust it to be a PM appointment please, and could I get e-mail confirmation?
Thanks!