Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract Reminder/Review?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: End of Contract Reminder/Review?

Difference in perception of contract end dates ... has this arisen from a confusion between sign up date and service activation date? The contract effective (and anniversary date) is based on the date the phone line activates - not the sign up date.

If this is not relevant - please just ignore me! Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

briston
Aspiring Pro

Certainly not ignoring you.

In my case the adviser just looked at the billing date which I assume is also the date of the contract. I moved my billing date so that it was more friendly to when I get paid.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@JonoH

Can clarity be provided please as to what happens to the contract end date when the billing date is changed (a) moved earlier in the month (a shortened billing cycle) and (b) moved later in the month (a longer billing cycle)?

Does the end date remain the Nth anniversary of the service going live ... or is it after the Nth billing event?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

briston
Aspiring Pro

That very thing is what the adviser got wrong. 

In my case the contract end date is not connected to the billing date. The end of contract end date is the Nth anniversary of the service going live or the Nth anniversary of the re-contact date. 

My contract started on the 7th of the month. The billing date is the 27th. My end of contract is the 6th of the month.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@briston wrote:

My contract started on the 7th of the month.

it's the 8th Cheesy 

My end of contract is the 6th of the month.

It's the 7th 

Other than that, you're spot on Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
briston
Aspiring Pro

Yup. I am 1 day out. 26 days better than the information given to me on the phone.

Joined PlusNet on  24nd July 2001 ( or was it 23rd? No, 24th.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Sorry, you were given the wrong information, I'm not sure how that happened as the dates are clear on your account.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
KevH
Rising Star

After a pleasant conversation on the phone, I've decided to re-contract for another 18 months, with an increase of just £1 compared to what I had been paying. A good result and I'm happy. Just as long as I don't fall into the arms of the billing issues Smiley

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @KevH,

We are happy to hear that you have decided to stay with us as we really do value you as a customer. Please do let us know if you have any problems or queries and we will be happy to take a look into them for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team