Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed PDF Invoices

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Emailed PDF Invoices

1. An accounts department will be receiving invoices from many different organisations. They can log in to email ONCE and get all the invoices. Accounts departments are not happy about having to log in to different places to collect invoices (unless it is a very large organisation and there are lots of invoices every day).
2. You said "I'm not sure that the possibilities of their bank details getting into the public domain would be a good idea." The invoices don't have bank details.
3. For residential users. Nobody has said that this would be imposed on residential users. Everybody has said it should be an option, primarily aimed at business users.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Emailed PDF Invoices

Luke posted a thread asking for invoice suggestions, I'll give him a nudge to take a look at your responses so far.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80400.msg660435/boardseen.html#new
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: jelv
1. An accounts department will be receiving invoices from many different organisations. They can log in to email ONCE and get all the invoices. Accounts departments are not happy about having to log in to different places to collect invoices (unless it is a very large organisation and there are lots of invoices every day).
2. You said "I'm not sure that the possibilities of their bank details getting into the public domain would be a good idea." The invoices don't have bank details.
3. For residential users. Nobody has said that this would be imposed on residential users. Everybody has said it should be an option, primarily aimed at business users.

1. Since PN are not "many different organisations" that point is invalid. You could login to a separate PN secure area and get all you PN invoices in one go. If you could manage to persuade EVERY organisation that you will have invoices from to e-mail them, then your point would become valid.
2. My apologies, I meant account details (not bank). It's still a security issue. I will give you an example. Sometime ago I had someone's BT bill. I phoned BT and made a number of changes - BT had no idea I was not the actual account holder. Same would apply to any other utility company. I will add the call and the changes were made with the full knowledge and agreement of the account holder on their behalf. All I'm pointing out is that there are security risks.
3. It was merely being pointed out, that a security issue existed, residential users shouldn't have it.
Further more -
1. Just for my edification, what major organisations do you know of that currently e-mail out full invoices (as opposed to a link to your account area) do British Gas , your Electricity company etc ? Only asking.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm talking about the users accounts department, they will be getting invoices from many different organisations. Having to log in to each suppliers website to get the invoices is a pain. Giving the accounts department full access to all areas of the account including email, domain settings is stupid - but at the moment there's no choice. Sad
To most businesses accounts department, Plusnet is not a "major organisation", just a pain in the butt because it's such a pain to get invoices. (I'm pretty sure I can remember someone a couple of years back who migrated to a different ISP because of this issue).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re:Emailed PDF Invoices

Quote from: Chris
Luke posted a thread asking for invoice suggestions, I'll give him a nudge to take a look at your responses so far.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80400.msg660435/boardseen.html#new

Luke made a  similar post  in the PUG User forums which did elicit a small interchange of ideas - including this much vaunted PDF issue.  But no response from Luke since 29 Oct?  Is anything happening?
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lurker
Grafter

Our accounts department hate dealing with PN - for each employee that we provide ADSL for, our accounts team have to log into the portal every month to retrieve the invoice.
At one time we had 6 accounts with PN.
Think about how long it takes to dig out the password details (remember that you know yours because its yours, and you only have one account  - you don't have to go to a filing system to dig out the info)
Then log into the portal.
Then navigate to the invoice, and print it or save it.
Then repeat another 5 times.
We process thousands of invoices a month, yet the 6 from PN probably take longer to process per invoice than any other (correct/matching) invoice.

And yes, before you ask - the utilities companies do email us our invoices.
Orange don't email me the invoice, they post it instead, and allow me to log in to analyse the invoice further if required.

Originally we had hoped PN might develop an account to allow us to umbrella our business accounts together, such that we'd only need to log in once a month to a single portal to retrive the bill.
This wasn't possible though, so we had hoped the emailing of the invoice to a billing email address would be a happy medium.
We have no security concerns with somebody sending us invoices this way - we regularly process our invoices (for a c£35m business) both inward and outward via pdf's or other electronic format.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Plusnet send Madasafish customers their invoices via pdf to their Madasfish email account and you can have them sent to another email address also.
Kind Regards Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ronski
Rising Star

I've been with Plus Net for 10 years now as a residential customer, and it has annoyed me that I have to login to see my bill and telephone calls.
We now also have a business account with Plus Net, and I still can't receive our invoices via PDF. I have to login in and view them, but they are displayed as a webpage, which I then have print, how backwards is that!!!!!
I've been sending our customers PDF invoices via email for years, I've also been receiving statements and invoices via email for years so why can't PN implement this, it's really not that hard!
The way I see it there should be the following options for all accounts business and residential.

• PDF invoices available for download from the members center

• Option to have PDF invoices emailed

• Option to specify an email address

• Option to have PDF invoices password protected

• The above options apply for phone calls/bills as well

It is all very easy to do, and about time PN moved with the times.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi - we are currently in the process of overhauling our billing engine. PDF invoices (and a complete change to their look & feel) are included in this. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to be able to give further details or timescales at this stage.
Ronski
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply Ben, at least it's on the cards to be done, although I expect in usual PN style it will take some time to implement.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's a massive project Smiley
Grff
Grafter

I just asked the same question via a ticket for our business account two days ago. Still waiting for a reply, but I guess I'll know the answer now.