cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly customers and long waiting times

assinder

Elderly customers and long waiting times

I recommended that my parents switch to Plusnet on the basis of my previous satisfaction with your service.  Their landline stopped working on March 6th.  They are elderly, infirm and rely heavily on having a functional phone.  They do not own a mobile - not everybody does!  I tried to report the fault on their behalf (waiting 40 minutes to get through) but was told that I couldn't do this unless I was registered on the account - fair enough, we can do that for the future.  However, it does not solve the immediate problem.  My parents went out and bought a mobile specifically for the purpose of phoning Plusnet.  The standard message when they ring Plusnet is that the wait time is 30 minutes.  So far they have wasted over £10 in call charges whilst waiting for someone at Plusnet to answer.  On the one ocassion when they got through (after 30 mins), they were cut off as soon as they gave their details.  We have registered an on-line ticket (82557064) and were told that we should expect a reply in 34 (yes, 34) hours. 
I am running out of things to advise my parents.  Please can someone help? 
2 REPLIES 2
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Elderly customers and long waiting times

Hi assinder,
I'm really sorry to hear that your parents cannot use their phone service and for the long wait times they've experienced.
I have had a look into this for you and have confirmed on Ticket: 82557064 that after running a line test a fault has been detected. This is being investigated by our suppliers externally and therefore an engineers visit to the property is not required at the moment. Our Faults team will continue to monitor this ticket and they'll provide any updates on there.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.
assinder

Re: Elderly customers and long waiting times

Thanks for your help.