Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of Samknows on usage

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Effect of Samknows on usage

I just had a look at my usage history and this is the bad news note that Samknows was running for the whole period so they must now be doing a lot more tests or longer ones

2016-09-15_185941.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Affect of Samknows on usage

I sent the SamKnows box back ages ago when they made changes such that the amount of traffic it generated could only be described as obscene!

We discussed this a while back: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Sam-Knows-White-Box-on-a-Capped-Contract/m-p/1268603

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Affect of Samknows on usage

I too sent my box back, they seem to have no technical ability or understanding what they doing to networks or peoples traffic. As far as I am concerned they are just another marketing company paid by Ofcom to provide bogus results and information.

I also got rid of my HH5, connected up an Openreach modem. and allowed ping response on the Netgear cable router I have been using since I first got fibre and realised HH's were rubbish for Wifi, and use the Thinkbroadband Quality monitor. It seems to give reasonable results, although a unlocked OR modem would give more.

That said, its probably about time I upgraded my router to take advantage of the higher WiFi speeds available these days.