cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to go live tomorrow!

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Due to go live tomorrow!

Hello Everyone. I signed up to PlusNet a few weeks ago. I`m switching from BT. My phone line is due to go live tomorrow 10th April and broadband on the 11th, so hoping for a smooth transition. My router came within a day of receiving a text message that it had been dispatched, so very quickly. Just waiting on my text messages to proceed now and have my PlusNet router ready to go. Smiley This is my first time switching to another provider and I have to say, Plusnet have made that easy for me so far by keeping me updated via email and texts with a prompt service. So just waiting on the go ahead now to get connected. Nice to meet you all.

8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Due to go live tomorrow!

Hi Plusmouse,

A warm welcome tot he forums - hope your migration goes well over the next couple of days.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Hope so Townman, thanks for the welcome. Will update on progress soon.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hey @plusmouse first of all, a warm welcome to the community forums and to Plusnet. Smiley

I've looked into your account, and I've got some good news. Your broadband service should go live tomorrow with your phone line. It can take anytime up to midnight for the order to fully complete and your account to activate though.

You should receive two emails/texts tomorrow, one to advise your line's ready and one to advise your broadband's ready.

Let us know how you get on. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Hi Anoush, really appreciate you looking at that for me. I won`t be rushing anything and will plug everything in via the instruction manual even though I know which wires go where! Will possibly wait until Tuesday morning to allow the process to progress overnight rather than jumping in too quickly! Thank you again. Will update soon.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Up and running!!!! Thumbs_Up Fast or what?!! Very impressed I have to say. So far, so good. Speed seems okay but I realise that might fluctuate for the next 10 days or so. Plugged everything in in via the PlusNet user manual, took my time, waited over the 15 minutes as instructed and opened my browser, No problems at all. Hope a good start is not a bad omen but I`m hopeful that my connection will run fine. I will leave the router on 24/7 as I think it updates down the line? So don`t want to switch it off and cause any fluctuations or unnecessary drops.

Thanks Anoush and all at PlusNet for a gloriously smooth switch. Much appreciated guys.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Awesomeness, I'm happy to hear your switchover was smooth. If you ever have any problems (fingers crossed you don't) or have any queries please don't hesitate to let me know. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@plusmouse wrote:

I will leave the router on 24/7 as I think it updates down the line? So don`t want to switch it off and cause any fluctuations or unnecessary drops.

Hi Plusmouse,

Good to hear that things went so well for you - its not often people who have good experiences say so around here, so thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

On the point of leaving the router connected 24/7 it is not so much the router might down load and update, more it is less likely that the exchanges line management software (DLM) will not mistake the router being switched off as a sync stability issue and then start aggressively managing the line (reducing the sync speed).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for explaining that Townman. I actually wanted to switch to PlusNet last year, but when I looked for a deal online and chatted with one of PN staff through chat, they said because BT had placed me on Infinity 1 fibre, I would have to ask BT to switch me back to ADSL/Standard broadband before I could take ADSL with PlusNet. Needless to say, I was gutted. Had to ask BT retentions to do this which tied me into another 12 months with BT but l fairness to BT, the service was good and I had a problem free 12 months on their ADSL broadband. The pricing structure this year made me switch though as BT were upping my price again, so affordability played a big part in my switching decision.

I hope to stay with PlusNet for a good while now hopefully.

Anoush, many thanks for your help. You made my switch all the better by reassuring me of what was going to happen yesterday, so a big thanks.