cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful house move experience with no sign of any resolution...

ids2018

Dreadful house move experience with no sign of any resolution...

Having been a loyal and happy Plusnet customer for many years, I've recently moved house and have to say that the experience in terms of telephone and broadband has been absolutely dreadful. 

Initially told that connection would take place on the 16th of October, this was then delayed to the 23rd and at the moment we still have no further estimate of a resolution. It's impossible to speak to anyone unless I've got a hour or more to hang on waiting and when you do eventually get through, further holding is required to get through to the Provisioning Team.

I was promised call after call back from the team (named individuals who have also confirmed the same in support ticket updates and via text messages) as nobody seems to be able to identify the problem and was then advised on Thursday last week that it was an issue with the 'components' on my account which only the IT team could fix but it was not possible to say how long it would take before they could get to even review this. 

After a couple of days of broadband working intermittently, it has now stopped once again and although we have a dialling tone, we're unable to receive or make outbound calls. Support are now suggesting it's an issue with my equipment - which incidentally works fine anywhere else. I can only ever elicit some type of response through social media and they now appear to have stopped updating the support ticket too. 

Overall, an absolutely shocking experience from a company who I've always strongly advocated previously. Two weeks after I was told the transfer would be completed, we're still waiting and have absolutely no faith that we're any nearer to a resolution. The silence from the various teams is deafening and the constant contradictions in terms of what could be causing the issue is quite concerning. 

Reading lots of these forums, I'm clearly not alone in these issues but would appreciate anyone's views or advice on how they may have achieved a resolution as right now, I'm ready to throw the towel in with this shambolic service. 

Interesting that I'm also expected to pay more on a monthly basis for this house move and yet expect to see a degradation in service as no fibre is currently available apparently. Interestingly, our neighbours moved in just 3 days after us, have fibre and their transfer was completed on the day of the move. Clearly I made a huge mistake by committing to stay with Plusnet !

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Dreadful house move experience with no sign of any resolution...

Hi @ids2018,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced these issues. I have taken a look into your account today and I can see that we have updated the open ticket on your account in regards to the connection issues that you have been having, which can be viewed here.

If you are still experiencing any further issues or if you update the ticket from your end of things then please let us know and we will be happy to investigate the issue further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team