Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download sites

Grff
Grafter

Re: Download sites

Quote from: Mand

Pro has less usage, but has a much better priority (effectively line speed at all times). You also get free overnight usage.
In your particular case, if you don't feel the usage allowance on Pro is enough (bearing in mind you haven't come close to it in the last 3 months during peak times) then I'd say you're on the best product for you (given that your exchange isn't in a lower cost area and there's no ADSL2+ currently).

Thanks for that Mand.
I might give a swap to pro if I get line speeds all the time (assuming it includes download sites too)
A couple of Q's though.
1) According to the upgrade link in the member centre, iI should get "£16.49 for next 3 billing months then £22.99 per month thereafter".  Will this put me into another contract?
2) As I already have a static IP, would I still be charged the "£5 one-off fee" for a static IP, and would it change?
3) On a slightly different note, If I was to migrate to another ISP, could I keep my plusnet account on the free dial-up, and retain my e-mail functionality.  It's the one thing i've been 100% happy with so far.  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Griff,
Yes, traffic from download servers also comes down at line speed on pro. To answer your other questions:
1) No, it's still 10 days notice even if you take up the offer.
2) You'd keep the same static IP if you moved.
3) Yes, downgrading to a free account to keep your email access wouldn't be a problem.
Hope that helps,
Grff
Grafter

Thanks for the info Matt.
I'll check out my previous useage and take a look at maybe changing.